For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
D

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 13th, 2021 10:36 PM

Arris BGW210-700 Software/Firmware update

Hello,

I have an Arris BGW 210-700 first powered on at August 10, 2019.

It's software version is 2.10.6, and I want to check if it is at the latest update

If there's another update, I would like a link to the .bin file so I can manually update my router.

I also have AT&T Fiber, it anything changes,

Thank you!

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

That is the latest firmware. There is no longer a way for customers to update the gateway. It is done by att. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

3 years ago

That is the latest update, in fact, it's new enough that not everyone has it yet.

Unfortunately, AT&T has made it more difficult to find the FW files.  I've yet to see a link to this one or even the last couple before this one.

Sorry, @browndk26 types faster than I do.  ;-)

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i wish to add a 2.4 ghz log in for my smart stove .  How would i add that to my current system?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

You could use the Guest network, which is always 2.4 GHz.   That's probably the easiest thing to do.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same router/modem combo running Firmware version 2.12.4

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

3 years ago

Great, you win a cookie.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Actually, I probly win a less secure network. Only reason I can come up with for no longer providing a certain update would be due to negative issues. Or, one could cry with reasoning of a discontinued product, but then why offer such low quality equipment??? Would appear to be a risky decision on AT&T's part, or maybe pure laziness 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I think I came across this thread when looking for a new update for that BGW210-700, and at the same time epically failed at paying attention to the old time-stamper....wooops. Also, what you said regarding reason for not making the updates freely available makes sense, now that you say it and I give it some thought that proprietary Intellectual Property idea is something I regularly fail to consider, why I keep doing it is beyond me. Finally, that comment was intended towards corporate executives, attempting to imply that most have little concern for ethical behavior and will scam consumers via the selling of outdated and/or unsafe products and laugh while doing so. But....your intelligent use of vocabulary has shown that AT&T is NO WHERE EVEN CLOSE to my assumption, at least today anyways..... 

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

3 years ago

No worries about the timing of your initial post vs the Question thread date. You might have been drawn into an odd feature of the Forum software.

We have constant trolls and folks trying to get customers to click on questionable links, sell some special AT&T support phone number that is a Scam. When the Forum Admins or select regulars delete the junk posts the last "Date" of the tread stays current even if the last valid post was in some cases 3 years ago.

I and many other customers have fallen for old Question threads from time to time.

The biggest complaint we get every week is why do I have to use this AT&T Gateway/router/Wi-Fi box, I want to use my "X" router or my own modem but with Fiber the modem part is now an outdated term.

AT&T is pretty good about updating to the latest tech options. They are currently rolling out a new BGW320-500 or 505 pair of Gateways that support Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) 4x4 MiMo Array and a 5 Gbps LAN port. AT&T went with 2 suppliers for the BGW320.

The -500 version is manufactured by Humax and the -505 is manufactured by Nokia. Same design specs just slightly different internal components. Here is a link with so more info on the BGW320:

https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1377555/

These gateways also have an integrated ONT and a SFP Optical transceiver module to allow speeds above Fiber 1000 when AT&T is ready to announce it.

They are primarily focusing these BGW320s to new customer installs since it is not a self-install option unless your address already has been upgraded to use a new AT&T Fiber wall plate for easy customer self-install or upgrade. It may take 2-4 hours to make the switch as the tech will need to remove your exiting ONT (small white box) and run Fiber from your current Fiber termination to a new AT&T wall plate and install a new Fiber jumper cable from there directly to the back of the BGW320 Gateway.

Keep these new gateways in mind if you have an issue that results in a tech dispatch (truck roll). Another option if you have a need or want for Wi-Fi 6 is to call and request a Dispatch on Demand (DoD) truck roll. It will cost you $99 or $149 depending on your market (there are 90 different markets) unless the tech finds an issue that is AT&T related then the Fee may be waived.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Dave

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

i'm running 2.13.4 and have been for more than a year. I downloaded it off a website (although I do not remember where). It solved several issues I was having using VoIP phones

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.