For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, April 4th, 2020 7:19 PM

Able to use MOCA Actiontec 2.0 with At&t Fiber?

I recently bought the pair of Actiontec 2.0 MOCA adapter for the purpose of having a ethernet in the room where wifi is low and speed is low as well. Checked outside on the cable box and all 4 coax cables are put in on a single splitter. Everything is setup in the main room with the router and the 2nd room where I want the connection to go to. I tested both devices to see if they work by connecting them together and the coax line went green. But when I put it all together like im supposed to, the ethernet light on the router is like a amber color, unlike green when I tested to see if they worked.

The router is the 5268AC router through U-Verse. Could it possibly be that the cable is through Direct TV and not through At&t since Direct is satellite?

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

If the COAX ports in your house are routing DirecTV traffic you will NOT be able to use those MOCA adapters at all. Hope this helps.

• 

3 Messages

Ah I see, then thats more than likely why. If I was to switch to say Att TV or U-Verse TV, would it work then?

(edited)

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

If you have DIRECTV and need to use the same coax cable system to extend your data network, use DECA adapters instead of MOCA.

• 

3 Messages

This will work even though my internet service is through at&t and tv is through Directv?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.