Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Apr 24, 2016 11:40 PM

5GHz Wireless Bridge Question

Hello everyone, 

I'm having an issue with my 5GHz bridge connecting my Netgear R6400 router to my NVG599 AT&T router. The AT&T router is the one that houses the internet connection however, I have a desktop PC in another room that I'd like to have connected to the internet and my Netgear router is/was just a spare from my old home. I've got the Netgear to connect via 2.4 GHz wireless but thus far, no luck with the 5GHz range. I've got other devices attached to 5GHz wireless, even in the same room so I know 5GHz is working. Are there any particular settings that I may need to change on the Arris or Netgear boxes to get 5GHz working? Or is it a lost cause?

Thanks!

Responses

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @aclanham,

What is the model of the network adaptor for your desktop? Is it wireless N or AC? It may be that the desktop can connect to the 5GHz band and a updated network adaptor is needed that does wireless AC.

ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

My apologies,

I'm connecting my desktop directly to the built in wired switch of the Netgear router using a Cat6 cable. Once I establish the bridge with the 2.4 GHz band, the desktop works fine. I also physically connect a laptop to the same switch and it works. I can browse the web, download files, etc. it's just slow. However, when I try to establish a bridge using the 5GHz frequency it never works. I don't see it as an attached device when I'm looking at the NVG599 page or anything. I'm not sure if the issue is with the Netgear device or what.