5ghz device connected even with radio off? Weird Event logs. Please Help!
So new 1gbs fiber connection - mostly loving it except getting it to work properly with my network setup.
My setup is Pace 5268AC (wifi disabled) -> Ubiquiti USG (DMZ+) -> Ubiquiti 8 port switch -> Ethernet and Ubiquiti AP AC Lite. Everything in theory is mostly working with some concerning things in the logs.
IPv6 is disabled.
First, I have disabled all wifi radios both 2.4ghz and 5ghz including guest. What is really concerning is that even with them disabled there is a 5ghz device connected with a mac address that is almost identical to the modem
Modems actual MAC Address: f8:18:97:d3:e2:ec
Next, I noticed in the event logs of the modem yesterday that I was getting the error:
CWMD fault: 9005 get params
This error was appearing every 15 minutes or so.
I contacted support through chat last night and they said everything on the line is fine, but they could fix these issues. First they said the 5ghz device was just an old connection that hadn't dissapeared and the event log errors could be resolved no problem. Just give it 20 minutes after the chat for everything to be fixed. Waited 20 minutes, no fix, rebooted everything - still not fixed. Not surprised.
As I dug further into everything, I then noticed my USG was taken out of the DMZ+ mode - but it was still somehow routing my traffic. I put it back into DMZ+ and 20 minutes later it was removed again. I added it again and now it keeps switching to being added and removed over and over again and this appears to be losing connection to the USG.
Chatted with AT&T support again today and they said it is a line issue and are sending a tech out. Maybe some of this is caused by that, but I find it weird I was having most of these issue yesterday too when there was no line issue.
I would love to hear some thoughts on this - This is really concerning me from a privacy and security standpoint.