Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
ryankg21's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 3:11 AM

5268AC and Cisco 3800 Series Access Point

I recently installed a Cisco 3800 Series Access point with an mGig port.  My issue is that the PACE 5268AC only sees it as a 100Mbps port and when I do a speed test from a wireless device I can't get any higher than 98mbps.  To answer your question, yes I have tried multiple end points and yes, they have 802.11 AC Wifi adapters.  When I connect to the wired ports with a laptop, I get a 1Gbps connection and can get great internet speeds.  Have searched the internet and this seems to be an issue with other devices, non PCs, as well but can't find anything specific to a Cisco wireless AP.  I will say that prior to upgrading to the 3800, I had a Cisco 1252, 802.11N AP, and it could get a 1Gbps connection to the router.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

SOLVED! After much research on these forums and google, I connected a Linksys SE3005 Gigabit switch to the PACE and the Cisco 3802.  The linksys autonegotiates to 1GBPS with the PACE and the Wireless speeds are now MUCH better.  AT&T really needs to work on the hardware and firmware of the PACE to make it work with more switches and APs out of the box.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.