Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
countermoon's profile

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

Saturday, December 1st, 2018 6:34 PM

What service do I have?

Where on this web site can I find the most important information all: what service I have, the name, the package, what speed I am supposed to be getting, what I am paying per month? I have looked all over My Account, My Profile, My ATT, My Preferences, My Community — just how many IDs and passwords for one website am I expected to have? I found the .pdf of my bill. That, of course, was easy. It doesn't include the internet. It's only about my phone service. I know that I have some kind of fiber DSL that was upgraded involuntarily about three days ago. Why is this information hidden? I have an ATT Arris modem/router. A Mexican woman on the phone told me to unplug the router and plug in again, and I would magically have 100 Mbs for the same price I'm paying now. She did not saying anything about lollipops and all the wax lips I could ever want, but I assume those are included. Well, I'm not getting 100. More like 20. Does anywhere on this web site tell me what service I actually have, the package, the name, the speed, what I am paying per month, the zippity do dah? If it's under My Account, I sure can't find it.

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

That's an answer? That complicated answer to a simple question? Does anyone else see a problem here?

That's not an answer. That's Sherlock Holmes.

I have a better idea. Make it clear on your web site. Stop hiding it. Why are you hiding it? Why are you making it difficult for people to find out what they are paying for?

In order to make wise decisions, consumers must have as much accurate information as possible. If some of that information is false, distorted, hidden, hard to get, then consumers can't make a wise decision. They make a mistake. They pay for what they don't want. That benefits the seller. ATT benefits from making things as difficult as possible. Is this how you want to run an American business? Trying to deceive people all the time? How many other people are thinking the same thing as me? Information is power, right? So if information is withheld, the consumer can't know and has to guess. That's not business. That's poker.

Anyone else have any ideas? Is it because computer programmers lack common sense and don't know how to write web sites? Maybe. But for a company as big as ATT, that's hard to believe.

This isn't a web site. It's a circus attraction. A house of mirrors. You jump through hoops. Someone shows you a door, but it leads to the parking lot.

I wish it were not the case, because the men who come to the house are usually knowledgeable and the service has been reliable. But the web site has always been sub-lousy.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

Go to

https://m.att.com/my/#/login

Enter login info. Xxxx@att.net

once logged in click on my internet, manage my plan. 

This should show your current plan and other plan options. 

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I don't see that.

After I log in, where does it say "My internet" and "Manage my plan"? I see "My ATT" in the upper left corner.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

InkedIMG_1976_LI.jpg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Not sure what to tell you. That's not what my screen looks like.

I have four squares: Total Balance (upper left), ATT support Center (lower left), My phone (upper right), and on the lower right a rotating ad.

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

The guys who come to the house have always been first class. I've never had any complaints with them. Often they volunteer help and information. They go beyond what they have to do. They are adults who know their stuff, and in America today that is extremely rare.

Home tech guys shouldn't have to be on this forum to field questions. The losers who made these decisions ought to be held accountable. The execs and marketing weasels and nerds who wrote this stupid web site. All the people who are doing financially well because others are doing the real work. The tech guys have to deal with the consequences of the decisions that others have made. That is no way to run a healthy, happy country.

I contrast ATT's home tech guys with the guys Comcast has sent to "fix" things. They can't even get the cable box and TV switches to synchronize. That is not a joke. They can't get the TV and the cable to turn on and off at the same time. If that's progress in the tech world, no thanks. I'm ready to toss all of it out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.