Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Betorange's profile

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, February 7th, 2023 7:29 PM

Unable to Activate ActiveArmor. Please help.

Hi! 

I'm trying to enable and purchase the $7 ActiveArmor upgrade so I can access the VPN features. Every time I attempt to purchase it, the purchase goes through normally and says "it will activate in a few minutes". A few minutes later, it then says " Taking longer than usual". Then after a few more minutes, it just says "couldn't activate security. call us".

I've tried calling customer support twice and they are not helpful. They say they see the feature is enabled on their end, but I can't control it on my app. I've reinstalled the app as the rep suggested. Nothing. I've tried controlling the app from my home connected to my wifi. Nothing. I've fiddled around in all my settings as the rep suggested. Nothing.

AT&T, I'm trying to give you more money. Let me give you more money for this feature, please! Any suggestions are truly appreciated. Thank you!

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

1 year ago

Are you using the Android version of the SMH App?

Try using the online Web interface to SMH to Enable the AT&T Advanced Internet Security offering after it shows that the basic AT&T Internet Security is "enabled".

Link: https://myhomenetwork.att.com/

You will need your AT&T Online Account ID and password just like you would for the SHM App. As you will see in my Screenshot below I have the Basic AT&T internet security Disabled.  In your case the 4th tile should show Enabled and you just Click on it to go to the next screen that will allow you to Enable the AT&T Advanced Internet Security offering in the second Screenshot below.

Dave

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Hi Dave! Thanks for the response!

I have the SHM App on my iPhone SE. After I posted this message here, I tried what you asked twice already (activating the feature on the web site provided). When I try to "activate" it, it just loops the loading icon forever. It's been loading for over an hour now. It just doesn't want to activate for me no matter where I try it haha. Any other suggestions? =]

(edited)

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

1 year ago

@Betorange 

Just to confirm that you start with the 4th tile set with a Green Checkmark that indicates the basic AT&T Internet security is already enabled? Based on you screenshot it looks like it can't even determine if the basic free AT&T Internet security is Enabled or Disabled.

Dave

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

HI Dave!

The basic security is not enabled when I arrive on this page. Here's what it looks like before the loading icon.

I click 'learn more', and it takes me to a small splash screen with an 'activate' button.

Then a terms and conditions window appears after I click "activate", I accept, then you see the screenshot above with the loading icon. Nothing else ever happens. :(

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

1 year ago

@Betorange 

The basic security is not enabled when I arrive on this page. Here's what it looks like before the loading icon.

Well that explains why your can not upgrade to the Advanced Internet security $7 per month service. The basic version is not enabling which is required first.

I also now have re-reviewed your previous screenshots again and see what looks like the real issue. You only have Internet 100 service.

That is an older Fiber plan and I am betting that is the real issue. When AT&T rolled out the basic AT&T Internet Security offering they upgraded all current Fiber 100 customer so at least Fiber 300. Link to announcement: https://about.att.com/story/2021/att_fiber_enhancements.html

How long have you had Internet 100?

ETA: added link to announcement

Dave

(edited)

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Hi Dave!

The thing is, I can't even enable the basic security. That's what I'm trying to do on the page above and it just keeps loading forever. Refreshing the page eventually just leads me back to the "learn more" and "activate" cycle where I can try again but nothing happens.

As for my fiber plan, ATT recently installed Fiber in my neighborhood. I've only had ATT Fiber for 3-4 months, probably. When I click on the first tab that says latest speeds 100Mbps, it then says I have 300Mbps.

Here's after I click the 100Mbps tab.

Then after I click the speed test part.
So it looks like I actually have the 300Mbps plan but am unable to get security. Is there a disclaimer or something somewhere that says it only works with a certain speed of internet? I've confirmed I have the right modem and right internet but that doesn't work.
PS: even when I'm on the main page, it says I have Fiber 300.
I appreciate your help and patience! :)

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

1 year ago

@Betorange 

OK Fiber 300 fully supports both the basic free Internet Security option and the paid version as an upgrade. It looks like something is not right in your account. We just need to figure out what is wrong.

Thanks for confirming that your Online Account shows Fiber 300 is provisioned correctly but the SHM app thinks you have Fiber 100 and the Speed test shows 100 until you run a new Speed test. Very odd indeed since when you run a new Speed test it should update the "Latest" Speed to 300.

Did you by any chance upgrade from the VDSL Internet 100/20 (copper) based system to Fiber 300?

Dave

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

@dave006 

Hi Dave!

Yeah, I'm as confused as you are haha. I'm not familiar with VDSL internet. My last internet was cable internet from Xfinity. The internet came from a coax cable from the wall. Not sure if that helps or answers your question. My speeds with my Xfinity service were about 30Mbps Download/ 8-10 Mbps Upload (terrible compared to my current plan with AT&T)

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

1 year ago

@Betorange 

No that's a fine answer and clears up that it is an issue with upgrading your account from a previous AT&T Internet offering.

Next up is to double check what your AT&T Gateway Model is and what it thinks is it's status shows for Security Options for the basic Internet Security.

If you have a BGW320 you can use this direct link: http://192.168.1.254/cgi-bin/securityoptions.ha you will need your Access Code that is printed on the back of the BGW320 or your custom Assess Code if you have one set. The page looks like this screenshot. I have Parental Controls on and Internet Security "Disabled".

Dave

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Oh darn. I'm not at home at the moment so I can't try this step. I know I have the BGW320-500 model so there's that. I'll respond again once I get home and try to enable the network security then try to enable the AT&T Armor again from the app or web. If by any chance this doesn't work, do you have another suggestion I can try as well? :)

Thanks again for your time and patience!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.