Everyone gets our best deals on every smartphone - Black Friday gift deals are still here!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Mfahmed's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Jul 19, 2017 1:44 AM

Closed

Speed test results - Not accurate

I have noticed significant discripency in speedtest results vs other websites like testmy.net, fast.com and speedof.me. speedtest shows 4x of what other websites show and hence the Internet is slow . Whenever ATT tech comes out he does speedtest and says internet is good as expected. I have gigapower ,speedtest shows 650Mbps while others show about 100 Mbps. My neighbor has TWC , speedtest and all other websites show consistent results. I think ATT and speedtest are fabricating the results , at the end customers are getting screwed.

Before people ask me all types of questions, internet tests were done back to back within 10 mins on same browser same computer to compare apples to apples.
_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

This similar question about speed tests came up recently in these forums.  The claim (see post 5) is that using ATT's own speedtest is within the ATT system and thus has fewer hops than external speed tests.   But I find it pretty consistent with "outside" speed tests.  I don't have fiber (only Internet 24) so I don't know if using a fiber connection has any affect on this or not (you wouldn't think it should).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Idk i ran 3 speed tests ATT is at 17.65 MbS down 2 up and ookla is at 17 MbS down 1.56 up and XFINITY is 17 down 2.4 up that is rather odd (i live in saint Charles area MO

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

recently, our home connection and downloads were getting pretty bad. i figured, it was probably a failing router. disconnected all except 1 wireless computer. the AT&T test was showing us as getting 29 to 39MBps with testing done over different days and times. we pay for the basic 25MBpS download package.

other speedtest websites average 3 to 6 MBpS at the same time as the AT&T tests (as low as 0.3 for a few tests). all same machine, same browser, no other devices connected during the tests. AT&T definitely fakes their numbers. i used ookla, speedtest.net, fast, xfinity, spectrum, verizon...they all reported similar numbers. AT&Ts test were very high in comparison, and contrary to actual performance.

we had a bad router at the end of the day.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I pay for 6mbs internet. AT&t speed test shows 30mbs speed. All other 3rd part tests show 8mbs.AT&t is obviously wrong.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

8.4K Messages

2 months ago

Was there some reason you sought out and resurrected an ancient thread just to add this comment? 

Closing thread.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.