Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
PastFWGibt's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 15th, 2024 7:01 PM

retired employee discount on fiber

I just got off the phone with a great sales tech for employee concessions. The tech was not just a concessions tech but had a lot of answers. I did not understand one aspect and am putting this out here. The cost for all forms of fiber internet 1gig and above including 2 gig and 5 gig is the same.  The difference being I can only get unlimited data on 1 gig and 2 gig service. Data is capped on the 5 gig service. This is for a non management retiree.  I also can port my landline number from copper to the fiber. It then becomes voip. I still pay the same price for service as if I have copper landline. Only difference is that when power goes out, phone goes out. No problem as I have 2 at&t cells. Included in the voip would be caller blocking for pest calls. I still can use my old/antique phones and fax line according to the tech without the ATA adapters . So any help on the difference with the 2g and 5g service.     Also a tech will have to come out and change the SFP on the fiber. Any comments or help. I have been paying a substantial amount for the fiber, more than hose with dsl. Might be a oood move?

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 months ago

Something does not seem right with that information…

List prices of fiber… 300 …  $65, 500 … $75, 1000 … $85, 2000 … $155, 5000 … $255.

pricing before $5 per month discount for having autopay and paperless billing.

If received 50% off 1000 would be $42.50, 2000 at $77.50 and 5000 at $127.50

If being told could have 5000 for $42.50  with 1.5T data cap it is likely due to receiving over $200 discount off list instead of the $127.50 price at 50% off.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.