Reporting a Bug in Smart Home Manager [Error 205.7]
This has been reported previously here in the forum, with no resolution. It's a genuine bug in the software and should be easy to replicate on your end. This happened on an iPhone 11, fully updated. (My iPhone 8+ did not have the same problem, nor did my PC.)
- Download and log into the Smart Home Manager app.
- Using a PC, go to att.com and combine the login you used for Smart Home Manager (SHM) with another AT&T account, changing your SHM login so that it has a new password (same email as before).
- Attempt to log in to the SHM again.
Instead of requesting your correct login, the app repeatedly gives Error 205.7: "Looks like there's a problem with that ID/password. Sign in with a different ID." If you click "OK", the same error just pops up again and again, never giving you an opportunity to change your ID.
I've already tried all the possible solutions that can be done from my end, including:
- Deleting the app, along with all it's saved information.
- Restarting the phone while app was deleted.
- Deleting all but the current login from Chrome and iCloud Keychain.
- Deleting all AT&T logins in Chrome and iCloud Keychain.
- Letting my AT&T wireless salesman stand in my kitchen for an hour, retrying all the things I had already done, plus maybe a few of his own ideas.
When I searched the forums here, I found two other posts about the same error. This post has a string of responses from other users who were having the same problem, while this post got zero responses.
I'm requesting that a link to my post be emailed to the SHM app developers. They are the only ones who can fix this, since it seems to be an actual bug.
Today, I combined a third AT&T account and changed my password again. The myAT&T app behaved in the normal fashion. When it noticed it couldn't login automatically, it requested my login. That's what's missing in the SHM app. It keeps attempting to use an old login, even though that login isn't saved anywhere on my phone, so it must be saved within the app itself. Can you please fix that?
2 years ago
well heres the problem, this is a customer populated forum not at&t support, no one here can email a copy of your post to support or developers of the app.
1 year ago
Currently having the same issue
ACE - Expert
1 year ago
You can report the bug to the developers using the Store feedback mechanism. However, what you're describing is a convenience feature designed to assist the normal target audience for the app: someone who only has one account and only needs to manage one account through the app.
1 year ago
This bug has been in the iPhone app for more than a year. I ran into when I got an iPhone 11 … I now have a 13.