Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 13, 2021 4:16 PM

Outage Length

Hello, had fiber installed last week, was working great, then yesterday (Oct 12) it went down. Called to report the problem and said the soonest they could have somebody out was Friday (3 days) unfortunately wasn't going to be available so next availability was Monday (6 days). Is this typical? Thankfully I hadn't canceled my Comcast internet yet, but the longest outage I ever had with them was maybe 1 day. Currently working from home, so the risk of having multiple days without internet isn't something can really handle.

Was really excited when fiber came to the neighborhood to have faster service at about the same cost as Comcast.... but should I expect this type of reliability? 

• 

225 Messages

10 m前

Depending on the workload of the technicians in your area and the reason for the outage, I have seen it take a while.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.7K Messages

10 m前

My fiber hasn’t gone down in over 2 years. Have you confirmed that all your connections are secure, restarted your ONT and or gateway? What color lights are on your ONT and gateway? If you have to have internet service 24 hours a day, get a cheap backup connection like cable or a hotspot to back up your fiber. 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.4K Messages

10 m前

If your income is depending on internet, recommend keeping both ISPs…. ATT residential service is considered entertainment not business service. Depending on current situations and staffing levels, 1-2 days or a week+ could be considered normal. 

Example of extreme could be hurricane, tornadoes, wild fires, bombing (Christmas day 2020 Nashville) can take even longer to restore all services to those affected. 

If desire to function as a business, work from home, need to have redundant service in place.

Just my thoughts…

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.