Everyone gets our best deals on every smartphone - Black Friday gift deals are still here!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Lawsmar's profile

• 

1 Message

Mon, Sep 26, 2022 1:04 AM

Lost hbo max when upgrading to 2000 fiber plan from the 1000 plan

Is this normal? I was told on the phone that I would be able to keep hbo max when I was upgrading..

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.7K Messages

2 months ago

When you upgrade your agreeing to the current promotion offers not grandfathered offer. To keep your HBO Max offer needed to stay on the original speed tier. 

Depending on when you signed up initially could have had a 12 month contract with price increase after 12 months AND an equipment fee charge of $10.

The new offers have no contract, no price increase after 12 months and no equipment fee… also no free HBO MAX that I have seen offered. 

May be available if bundle internet with additional service such as DirecTv Stream… have not kept up with all offers in all markets.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.7K Messages

2 months ago

The future of the streaming perk first came into question after AT&T spun off HBO parent company WarnerMedia in April in a merger with Discovery. Since AT&T was no longer the owner of HBO Max, internet and mobility customers wondered if the service would be dropped from plans.

But on a call with investors in July, AT&T CEO John Stankey said the company was experimenting with offering different perks and may bring HBO Max back in the future

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.