Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
cwaffles's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Monday, July 17th, 2023 9:35 PM

Closed

Lose free HBO Max if I upgrade to Internet 2000?

We currently have Internet 1000 which includes Max streaming.  I was going to upgrade to Internet 2000 today but when I started that process online it told me I would lose my Max streaming if I upgraded.  Sure enough, this FAQ here - https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1385723 - clearly shows if I make a change to my internet I would lose the streaming service.

Why is that the case?  I'm willing to spend more money per month for faster internet and to thank me for that you want to drop my Max streaming service that I already get for free as part of Internet 1000?  That gives me now reason or incentive to upgrade to a higher Internet speed plan since I would then end up having to pay to get Max back. 

Just something for AT&T to consider as that feels like a kick in the backside to customers wanting to upgrade from Internet 1000.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

11 months ago

Why would you need more than 1000? I have 50 and it’s been fine for 5 TVs and numerous laptops and phones 🤷‍♂️

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

11 months ago

Why not?  More speed is never a bad thing and I have a way more devices than the average person does. It just does not make sense to lose Max if I upgrade.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

11 months ago

FYI: This promotion ended for AT&T Fiber on June 5, 2022. If you move your service or change your plan, you’ll lose your Max benefit.

It is what it is.  You’ll have to decide if increasing your internet speed is worth losing your access to Max.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

11 months ago

Oh I know I saw the website.  The funny thing is the AT&T rep I spoke to said I could still get Max for free on 2000 and then sent me the link to that page that I posted.  But no, I'm not going to change if I lose access to Max.  Not worth it to pay for the speed upgrade and Max on top of that.

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

11 months ago

At the time you received HBO for free as ATT has purchased Warner Media which included HBO. .

They sold Warner Media last year, meaning no longer own HBO and has to pay the new owner for that usage thus all new or upgraded accounts will not receive free HBO.

Your choice to upgrade or not based upon your needs and perceived value. But ATT has made it clear that any services going forward will not have it.

The year before in summer 2021 ATT sold off all tv services including Uverse IPTV and their streaming service to DirecTv.

Over the past few years under new leadership they have went from growth by acquiring certain assets to back to basics focusing on cellular services for phone and FWA internet and hardwired internet with primarily all services using fiber backbone. 

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

11 months ago

That is a very reasonable answer, my thoughts!  Thank you!

3 Messages

6 months ago

I had upgraded to 2000 fiber in september 2023 and apparently lost hbo max december 24th 2023.  The person over the phone did not tell me I would be losing this.  Can I get compensation for this?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.7K Messages

6 months ago

Don’t cross post, please.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.