Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
cal22190's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Nov 24, 2017 2:57 PM

Hurricane Harvey Cancelled Services turn over to collections

My house was flooded during hurricane harvey which caused me to cancel services and move to an area that didnt offer the current package i had with AT&T. I keep receiving calls from credit collections saying i owe ATT $600 in cancellation fees, Before i even cancelled i spoke to the rep and she stated i would not be charged any early termination fees, When i get the first call from a creditor last week i called ATT right after and they said they fixed the problem and everything is in the notes and that i should not have been charged (took 2 hours and 30 mins with 5 different reps before resolved). I just received another call from collections the day after Thanksgiving about the same thing. So apparently calling ATT is 100% useless and they are charging people affected by a natural disaster contrary to their own policy on Hurricane Harvey.  Unless i get some sort of written confirmation this will be fixed ill be considering legal action shortly. My advice anyone dealing with ATT record your conversations like i did so at least you have 100% proof if you have to go to court. -  http://about.att.com/story/waiving_overage_charges_for_customers_impacted_by_hurricane_harvey.html.

No Responses!
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.