Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
brianbodin45's profile

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 7, 2022 10:01 PM

how to reset your AT&T internet security to allow and IPTV service

Hi I am trying to set up an IPTV service and they are telling me AT&T security is blocking the setup. Any tips on how to set up the security system to allow the service?

Thanks,

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

3分前

Hi I am trying to set up an IPTV service and they are telling me AT&T security is blocking the setup. Any tips on how to set up the security system to allow the service?

Please provide any relevant details that you (or your IPTV service) indicated to you (or them) that AT&T Security is blocking the setup?

Do you have the AT&T Internet Security feature enabled?  If so, why?  Have you tried disabling it?

• 

4 Messages

6日前

I have same problem but the smart home manager does not give an option to disable any security features. Ideas?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

5日前

How about the following?

Please provide any relevant details that you (or your IPTV service) indicated to you (or them) that AT&T Security is blocking the setup?

Also, from the Gateway itself, what does the Firewall > Security Options tab look like?

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

5日前

Is this what you wanted to see?

• 

4 Messages

5日前

or this?

• 

4 Messages

5日前

Iptv buffers constantly. Service provider says it’s not on there end and must be a security issue with att. Maybe not sending or receiving packets or something? I’m not really sure 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

4日前

"buffering", in my humble opinion, would not be a security problem.  Security problems manifest as "it doesn't work," not "it doesn't work well."  I've not yet found a company that provides content (games, video, etc.) that won't blame the problem on the ISP until it is demonstrated that the ISP is fine (which is extremely difficult to do). 

The last screen was the one I was looking for, and the setting is not there, so it looks like AT&T Internet Security is not enabled on your line.

Can you do a traceroute to your IPTV servers and post that here?

I asked:

I'm still waiting for "relevant details" other than you're getting buffering and the IPTV vendor finger pointed to the ISP.  I was really asking for specific things the IPTV vendor can point to as a reason why they say it is the ISP (other than they want you to hang up and leave them alone).  You could also try a VPN for comparison (do a traceroute on the VPN, too), see if that's any better.

(edited)

• 

9 Messages

2日前

I had the same issue all I had to do is ask att support to send out a new unit when you get the new one before you do the transfer from the home manager app you need to turn off att internet security by active armor disable from the att when you get the new one you should go back to the app and active armor enable that should work. at least it work for me when I have an firmware issue 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

1日前

Thank you for your experience, elitxusa, though it flies in the face of reason.

• 

9 Messages

21時前

its very strange for some devices the firmware don't have hiccups  and some others do . I have to had mine replaced a few times due to firmware issues. its a 50 50 when ATT rolls out firmware updates.. what is mind blowing there no way of then knowing when a device has errors. Like in my case until I wanted to block device on the home manager app and notice that its still have wan access. and was able to talk it from the wan. so it was not blocking access.  the other issue I had was when active armor did an update. but the device didn't update  instead it disappeared and only parental control  was only listed. the other odd one was just kept rebooting endless.  

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

20時前

Sounds like you didn't, in fact, have the same issue as OP.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.