Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
cuselman's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 31st, 2022 2:19 PM

Google sites (gmail/drive) slow, crashing

Since switching to ATT fiber (1gig), I have had trouble with google based services. One laptop that utilizes google drive, google office apps and that struggles with slow/intermittent internet speeds (as low as 40-60mb/s). I have worked with ATT support several times, we reset the router, connections, etc. and that will work for a few minutes but that seems to, for lack of a better work, bog down. Another laptop will maintain speeds (600-700mb up and down), but gmail will generally drop and need to be restarted. Both of these laptops are on a hardline, but similar issues when using wifi. The laptop with the most challenges is plugged directly into ATT's modem/router. The other laptop is connected with a switch.

This was never an issue using the same network setup with Spectrum. I switched to ATT for faster speeds, and this is creating a challenge. I have seen prior issues reported between ATT and google services, one suggestion was to remove ipv6, which has been been done but did not solve the issue.

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.6K Messages

8 months ago

Is the problem only related to Google apps?

On the slowest laptop does it have any power saving apps or modes enabled?

And just for reference how old is it ( looking for details on processor (number of) and does it have a spinning HD or Solid State drive?

Dave

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Thanks Dave, it does appear to be only related to google apps. I have turned off the power saving features. The computer is a couple of years (I believe 2019), it has an i7 8650U, 16GB RAM and has a solid state drive. When docked, it will also dropped the ethernet connection for wifi. That does not occur on the faster laptop (laptop 2). Laptop 2 stays does not drop the ethernet connection, but does error out with gmail.

Corey

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.