For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
HOLIVER33's profile

4 Messages

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 7:35 PM

Closed

Going on day TEN without internet

There are 7 of us in our neighborhood that lucked out and have been part of an “outage” since Jan 23 starting at 5:35 PM. We have call d 2-3 times a day, opened numerous tickets, spoken to almost every support agent, some even twice, and we keep getting the same answer “another 24 hours” or “it’s almost complete”. We live inside a neighborhood in a cul-de-sac and according to the outage map, that’s the only area affected. We’ve even found an AT&T worker that was installing cable for a NEW customer and asked him about the outage. It was the first time he’s heard of it. 

I can understand an SLA of 24-48 hours….but over 200 hours and the counter is still ticking?!?? This is ridiculous! I work from home and I will have to go back to go back to Spectrum if this isn’t resolved by the weekend: 

Come on AT&T….you’re better than this

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 months ago

All seven on the same side of street?

Services are underground?

Any digging going on example road construction or new housing or landscaping?

I know about two years ago a neighborhood was having the street replaced, resmoved all top and several feet below surface cutting the underground fiber that went under that street… no new fiber could be placed till the new road was completed. I suspect they were without service for several weeks if not a month plus. 

Also aware of a city in another part of state where someone digging hit a gas line causing an explosion damaging an entire city block with disruptions across the area of all services.

And seen tornado damage take 2+ weeks and hurricane damages taking even longer.

Recent winter storms in Wisconsin left some without electricity for three to five days… no heat with below freezing temperatures.

If working from home, income dependent, need to a redundant service either cable, FWA or hotspot. 

Just my thoughts

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 months ago

We don't need a daily count down in a new thread.  Please continue your discussion here:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-fiber-account/high-speed-fiber-internet-has-been-down-for-nine-days/65ba9efa46076f4da6483726

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.