Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Thejonesy2018's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 11:00 PM

Executive Escalation Contact Information?

I'm getting a huge runaround with Fiber Internet.  What is the best executive escalation email address to send this to?  I didn't want to email Randall Stephenson if I did not have to.  Thanks!

Here's the scoop... 

I wanted to make you aware of a situation that I have been dealing with in regard to AT&T Fiber Internet Customer Service.   I have been an Internet Customer for a little more than 3 months and have not had a good experience.  I hope that you can use this to improve the experience of other customers.

On November 30, I had an appointment for Fiber Internet installation from 2-4PM.  The installer did not show up within the installation window.  It was not until 5:30 that I heard from the installer.  The installer finally made it to my house around 7.

On February 10, I chatted with online support about an issue I was experiencing with my Internet Service.  On February 10, chat agent Sheila told me “There is no charge if the trouble is found in the AT&T network or equipment.  Since you have the AT&T Home Wire Plan, there is also no charge for any inside wire repairs.  Should there be any charge for the technician visit, the technician will discuss with you prior to doing any work.”

On February  11, the installer came to my house a bit early for the appointment window.  By the way, the issue that I had here was due to the way that the Internet was installed on November 30.

On March 3, I noticed my internet was down. I was unable to bring it back up using the basic troubleshooting techniques.  I log into my account on my mobile device and notice something.  I was charged a $99 dispatch fee.  This was after Sheila the Chat Agent told me I would not have any charges and if that changed, the Tech would tell me.  The Tech never indicated I would be charged.

On March 3, I contacted Chat online and talked to Granville who was to handle 2 issues for me – 1) The $99 dispatch fee on my bill.  Granville told me that would be escalated for me. 2) Internet down – unfortunately we were not able to successfully bring my internet back up.  Again, same story with Sheila, I ask Granville if I would be charged, she tells me I would not because I have the wire plan.  I set up the appointment to have my internet resolved on March 5.

On March 4, I called AT&T Customer Service and talked to Grace.  Grace tells me that I do not have the protection plan for Internet and the charge is valid.  If I had known this, I would not have had the tech come out on February 11.  Grace tells me she will have her supervisor call me.

At this point, I would rather pay the ETF to leave AT&T Fiber Internet and go back to Xfinity than to pay to have AT&T come out and fix issues that are not a problem of my own.

No Responses!
Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.