Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
scot30's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, February 14th, 2018 7:40 PM

Bundled Service Discount?

I have AT&T Wireless and AT&T Fiber 1000.  I was in an AT&T store one day, and the rep I was working with told me that I could do combined billing with the two and receive a $10/month discount on the Fiber internet.  He said they couldn't setup the combined billing in the store, and I'd have to contact customer service to get it done.  So I contacted customer service, and that rep attempted to combine the bills, but then came back and said the bills couldn't be combined because I have a connected car on my wireless account and gave me no other options.  I don't understand why a connected car would prevent combined billing.  I had the option of setting the car up as an additional line on my wireless account or having it separate - either way it was the same price ($20/month), so I just added it as a line on my wireless to have one bill.

Is it truly not possible to do combined billing with Wireless and Fiber if there's a connected car on the account, or was the rep just making that up to me to get rid of me?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

The wireless account is post paid, and it's on auto pay.  Auto pay and paperless billing was required for a $10 discount on the Wireless plan.  It had two lines, Unlimited Plus - then in October I bought a new car.  The car came with a free trial period of data, and then I either had to start paying $20/month on its own account (I'm assuming as pre paid?), or add it to an existing Wireless account (at the same price of $20/month).  I chose the option to add the car to my existing account for the convenience of having one bill, even though there was no difference in price.  On my paper wireless bill the car shows as an additional line on the account.  When I log into my myATT account online the car is shown as a separate item, although with the same account number as the phones.  I see two "My wireless" panels, but they both have the same account number.  One is the car, and the other is the two phones.  The Fiber account is not on auto pay.  Both accounts are associated with the same myATT login, so I see all my accounts with the one login - but the Wireless and Fiber just aren't on the same bill.

The exact words of the rep that tried to combine the bills were "I can't combine the bills because the Wireless has a connected car on the account."  The rep didn't go into any detail - just that the connected car on the Wireless account was preventing the Wireless and Fiber billing from being combined - which makes no sense to me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.