Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 2nd, 2021 3:54 AM

Closed

AT&T Commercials

I'm tired of stupid AT&T Commercials. They've been pushing fiber for at least 20 years and they still don't have it in most cities. On top of that, they only have DSL capability in my city (pop > 48k). I can easily do online gaming with this as well as talk/skype to friends in Mexico, yet they have an infinitely stupid commercial where a mother is waiting for her son to contact her when he or she only has "cable". I've always known cable to be faster than DSL, even AT&T's accelerated DSL. Stop the stupid commercials AT&T or when I have a choice it will not be you...or DirecTV

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Ok 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

Then switch to a provider who offers what you want in your area or at your address. Simple enough.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I complained that their commercial was "stupid" and inferred that they should quit making false claims.  In no way did I state that I was not happy with their service. To the AT&T person: Thank you. I understand that things like this cannot necessarily be responded to. My intent was to get my dissatisfaction with stupid commercials passed up the "chain". I can't believe how many companies actually pay advertising companies for stupid commercials. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

3 years ago

A couple of years ago my daughter was in a JC Penney Christmas commercial as a shopper.  Her lines, while not scripted, were improvised and I'm still waiting for the Google Home she said would be "perfect for my mom".   😡

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

What is your zip code?

ATT residential fiber is in at least 88 markets... a market is several cities.

Example is the Milwaukee market which covers 6 counties and 2.2 million population... and more than 60 cities/villages with 19 in Milwaukee country alone pop. around 1 million 

Bayside, Brown Deer, Cudahy, Fox Point, Franklin, Glendale, Greendale, Greenfield, Hales Corner, Milwaukee, Oak Creek, Saint Francis, South Milwaukee, River Hills, Shorewood, Wauwatosa, West Allis, West Milwaukee, Whitefish Bay.

Waukesha County... Big Bend, Brookfield, Butler, Elm Grove, Hartland, Muskego, Menomonee Falls, New Berlin, Oconomowoc, Okauchee,  Sus(Edited per community guidelines), Waukesha, 

Then add in Kenosha County, Racine County (both to south of Milwaukee, north of Chicago... Ozaukee and Washington counties to the north and NW of Milwaukee county.

Not every address will receive fiber upgrade, but most all zip code areas have fiber from as high as +90% to less than 3%. Most of the fiber is in the southern states compared to the midwest 5 state market.

In our area (market) western Milwaukee country West Allis has the highest coverage at over 60%. My zip code is 19%, I do not have it at my address but do know the neighborhoods and MDUs where fiber is available in Waukesha. 

I have not seen the commercial you reference but suspect it is comparing ATT fiber to 14+ million addresses within the 21 state footprint to traditional coax (cable) internet.... comparing 1000 to 200 or 100 internet meaning ATT fiber is 5 to 10 times faster. 

(edited)

• 

174 Messages

3 years ago

Ok - so we can agree the starting comment really doesn’t belong in this forum, but I am glad the person, who felt a need to vent, got their minute to vent.  

However - I do take issue with the ATT employees who felt the need to respond in a DTV forum with a diatribe of support for ATT.
Perhaps you should ask for a transfer to DTV customer service so that customers would not have to get frustrated or wait 45+ minutes to get a customer Service rep - who doesn’t either understand or follow thru. 
The number of repetitive comments on this forum for the same things  that can, should, and used to be, quickly resolved by CS is ridiculous. 
1. Hold times 

2. Equipment return / labels when needed

3. Cancellations - process/follow thru what needs to be returned etc

3. Programming- can add online - but need CS and at least an hour to remove

Most  of the above could be handled online - but for some reason you can only add cost to your account not remove them.
Could it be that ATT figures if they ignore you they can get more out of you?

I have been a Direct tv customer for over 20 years. DTV used to have great customer service. There have been significant changes since ATT took over, most of these have not been for the better. 

Thank  you, Your responses encouraged me to take advantage of my one minute to vent.  

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

@Fxinxs I am confused... 

However - I do take issue with the ATT employees who felt the need to respond in a DTV forum with a diatribe of support for ATT.

Your response is to a question on the ATT INTERNET FORUM, with ATT FIBER... not a DTV forum.

Any action that reduces a bill has to call in, been that way since I started in 2011. Lower tv package, remove voip service or other product including cancelling service. 

• 

174 Messages

3 years ago

Actually - the question was about the incessant ads, which also come up every time you pause  DTV.
I was not necessarily arguing with having to call customer service - the point is 

1. Generally takes 30-45 minutes or longer to get anyone online ‘

2. Invariably - the first person that answers either doesn’t understand what you want - or doesn’t follow thru 

This  is not the way it was in 1998 when I joined - or in 2011 when you did. But since ATT it has become the new normal. 
now - on the fiber side/cell side CS may be better - but in the last 5 years DTV CS has taken a real downslide (admittedly it had been going down before  the acquisition -but has gotten much worse. 

If you feel a customer have to set aside 3/4-1 1/2 hours to get  someone from CS who may or may not follow thru - your expectations are lower than mine

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I think all AT&T commercials are terrible.  Lilly needs to go and AT&T needs to just abandon that line of advertising.  Their advertising is the least of their problems.  Their customer service is abysmal. It  has gone from the far best to the far worst in a matter of 5-7 years and it seems to be getting worse by the day. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.