Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jim_marrone's profile

2 Messages

Sunday, May 19th, 2024 10:56 PM

AT&T billing is not showing promised $20/mo savings on AT&T Fiber bill

I upgraded to AT&T Fiber 1 GIG, 2 billing cycles ago.  The salesman promised $20/month savings on my bill since I have postpaid wireless service.  The bill for 1 GIG starts at $80/mo.  AT&T is giving me a $12/mo discount on the bill, not the promised $20/mo.  I have gone to the AT&T stores where the salesman worked, and called the AT&T billing phone, and AT&T refuses to honor the full $20/mo discount.  Even though the sign in the window of the store that denies the discount says "Req's eligible AT&T postpaid service $20/mo savings on internet bill."

Salesman also promised $150 gift card.  I have not received that yet, but am waiting for 90 days before following up. 

An AT&T employee in my neighborhood group suggested posting here for help.  

Scholar

• 

4.2K Messages

1 month ago

AT&T is giving me a $12/mo discount on the bill, not the promised $20/mo.  I have gone to the AT&T stores where the salesman worked, and called the AT&T billing phone, and AT&T refuses to honor the full $20/mo discount.

Why did you order in a store vs online?

Even though the sign in the window of the store that denies the discount says "Req's eligible AT&T postpaid service $20/mo savings on internet bill."

What AT&T Wireless service do you have? The name and address need to match what is on the new Fiber order and meet a minimum price.

Salesman also promised $150 gift card.  I have not received that yet, but am waiting for 90 days before following up. 

Don't wait 90 days. You only need to meet 30 days after activation. What did the salesperson explain to you concerning the $150 Gift card? I am not aware of any $150 Gift cards for any order beyond an Online order being offered.

An AT&T employee in my neighborhood group suggested posting here for help.  

Not much we can help you with on this specific issue. This is a public support forum for peer to peer assistance and not a Formal AT&T Support path. For your specific issue you need to return to the store. Do you know if your local store is a Corporate location or a local dealer (third party)?

Dave

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

1 month ago

The first problem is see is your statement you upgraded to fiber, meaning you already had ATT internet of some speed tier, is this correct?

The $20 off internet promotion is for NEW customers coming from a competitor or first establishing their own service (first home or apartment)… existing internet customers upgrading are not eligible for that promotion. 

from the fine print details…

Internet Savings Offer: Subj to change and may be discontinued at any time. New residential customers who purchase an AT&T Fiber plan (300Mbps or higher) and have or subscribe to an eligible AT&T postpaid wireless plan will receive a $20/mo bill credit applied towards the internet bill w/in two bills. Wireless billing and internet service addresses must match. Must maintain eligible services for continued receipt of promotional discount. Wireless and internet services billed separately. One discount per customer account. Employees, upgrades, and migrations to fiber not eligible. Subj. to Internet Terms of Service at att.com/internet-termsReq’d Wireless: Postpaid voice & data plan for smartphones (for new customers min. $60/mo. before discounts; $75/mo. before discounts for unlimited). An unlimited plan is not required. Add’l fees, taxes and other charges & restr's apply.

(edited)

2 Messages

1 month ago

ATT set up a kiosk in our neighborhood. Salesman was in our neighborhood for a few days as ATT fiber was enabled.  He was from a local dealer ATT store.

"upgrades, and migrations to fiber not eligible" the salesman brought up my account on his tablet.  He confirmed I had postpaid wireless, confirmed I was upgrading internet, and wrote on the flyer "$60" which was $80-$20.  I didn't get the $150 card info in writing. 

I do have a photograph of the sign in the window of the same store.  No mention of "upgrades, and migrations to fiber not eligible" 

I posted here at the suggestion of an ATT employee uninvolved with this sale.  Thanks for your comments. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.