Need to update email settings?
dkkmom's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, June 11th, 2019 4:43 PM

Yahoo login page redirects to AT&T

Why does the yahoo login page redirect me to the AT&T log in page? my password still works. 

Yahoo had an 800 number to help. They said it is AT&T doing this. Why???

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Att and yahoo have unmerged (or are continually trying to unmerge) the accounting so that you are supposed to use the att website for att accounts.  Sbcglobal is an att (legacy) account which is why yahoo told you it was att causing the problem and why I asked what your domain was to be sure.  IMO it's both att and yahoo's problem.  There are many other posts in these forums reporting the same problem you are having.  Standard recommendation is try changing your password and logging in through att's home/portal page, start.att.net, not yahoo's. 

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@PioneerKitchens said:

The problem seems ridiculously widespread. Based on all the different threads and what I am seeing, if you have an email account that uses Yahoo servers but does not end in @yahoo.com, it's broken in one way or another right now.

Yes, I can see it's widespead by the number of threads on this problem (I already said that in post 4).  I think the problem is "confined" to the att legacy accounts (e.g. sbcglobal.net, pacbell.net, bellsouth.net, etc., i.e., any att domain other than att.net) which is why I always ask what the domain is if OP doesn't supply that information.  No att accounts will have an @yahoo.com domain.  But all att accounts use the yahoo servers since yahoo is att's email service provider (unfortunately).

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

If's redirecting you to att probably because you have an att account.  What is your email's domain (the part after the @)? 

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

@sbcglobal.net   I have always logged with yahoo login. Why has it changes?

• 

2 Messages

How did this get resolved? I am currently unable to log in to my sbcglobal.net acct

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

5 years ago

@_xyzzy_ The problem seems ridiculously widespread. Based on all the different threads and what I am seeing, if you have an email account that uses Yahoo servers but does not end in @yahoo.com, it's broken in one way or another right now.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same issue with my prodigy.net accounts.  Scouring the web and cannot find anything but the few posts on this forum.  Unbelievably frustrating - all my accounts are tied to these accounts, never had a problem for over 15 years.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I know, so frustrating and no notice to let you know what is going on. Make sure you ask on this community forum: is prodigy.net an email that has been taken in by ATT with the unmerging of Yahoo and ATT. Once I knew my email address was a part of it (now under att), I felt better. Otherwise you think you are having a problem with your email.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@dkkmom 

Yes, prodigy.net is one of the att legacy accounts.  For the record below are all 11 domains belonging to att:

@ameritech.net
@att.net
@bellsouth.net
@flash.net
@nvbell.net
@pacbell.net
@prodigy.net
@sbcglobal.net
@snet.net
@swbell.net
@wans.net

Teacher

• 

76 Messages

5 years ago

what about the traditional/legacy "My Yahoo" where you can customize the page layout the way you want. This is with an @Pacbell.net domain for a 25 yr old account. My wife loves that but occasionally can't login. She changed her password on att.net and now can get back into her My Yahoo (and att.net).  Should we expect My Yahoo to continue or is it on it's way out. This page is way different from the att.net home page. To be clear, I am not talking about logging into yahoo.com with a pure yahoo account.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@ejp_1 said:

what about the traditional/legacy "My Yahoo" where you can customize the page layout the way you want.

Start another thread on that topic but that is off topic with the subject of this thread.  But hint, look at AT&T Begin, second command in the column on the left on start.att.net and play around to see if that gets you what you want.  Again this is off topic. 

Also (IMO) you shouldn't have any expectations to be able use a competitor's website to the full functionally their registered customers have.  Yahoo is run by OATH which is run by Verizon, one of att's competitor.  I believe this is what prompted the creation of att's own home/portal page (start.att.net) and to unmerge the email accounts in the first place?  I don't think it's any coincidence this all started some time after Verizon came on the scene.  Unfortunately I think the unmerge of the accounts appears to be more difficult problems then they anticipated which is what's causing all these problems.  I think they are still working on it which is why every week it's another surprise.

There's nothing stopping you from registering a free account with yahoo (if they still have those, never was interested in yahoo) but given the fragility of the way the att accounts are still entangled with yahoo I suspect you are just asking for even more trouble.

• 

1 Message

I have an sbcglobal.net email account. When I try to log in, I am redirected to AT&T. I tried the AT&T Begin idea and got routed the same way, Can you help????

• 

2 Messages

Did you get this resolved? I am having the same problem!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.