Earbuds, cases, wireless speakers, and the latest devices. We've got the season's hottest gifts!
What is happening with 3G?
madhanm8's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jul 8, 2015 5:42 PM

Wireless Signal Strength at Home: Signal Boosters?

I have been using AT&T for over 8 years now and I always had this issue of signal strength / lost signal in my house. It wasn't a big issue in my previous house, however in the past 3 years I had really bad problem in my new house. I work out of my home office and my cell phone is my primary phone for my office and this makes it an even bigger issue for me. Does AT&T provide signal boosters for these issues ? I know of at least one other provider that gives out boosters free of cost to compensate for coverage/signal issues. I did not find any kind support for this issue at all from AT&T.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

7 years ago

AT&T has a femtocell that they sell called the MicroCell. It is not free but the purchase price is a one time cost. It uses your internet connection to connect to the AT&T Mobility Servers via VoIP. AT&T at one time did give out the MicroCell for free to selected individuals but that was more for marketing than anything else. If you are in a documented area of poor coverage they may sell you one at a discount but that is certainly not policy and is up to the discretion of Support/Sales.

There are other options such as signal boosters but they can be pricey. There is even one that is approved for use on the AT&T network and another one that works basically on any network up to 4G/LTE.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your reply. But, I looked into the MicroCell option however I feel I do not need to pay for the MicroCell due to lack of quality service from AT&T. Other providers are ready to provide a remedy free of cost.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.