For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
dangerousdugg's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 10th, 2016 12:24 AM

Used AT&T Microcell activation

I was given an AT&T microcell by my neighbor who is moving.  I already have one but wanted to give this one to my daughter who really needs one at her home.  I am sure that this microcell is probably still active in my neighbors account but hasn't been used in a couple of weeks.  What do I need to do so that I can have my daughter activate it for her home ? 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

Your neighbor (the owner of the MicroCell) has to deactivate the account first. AT&T will not deactivate a MicroCell account. Once deactivated by the owner, your daughter can register and activate the MicroCell provided she has a post paid account.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

How would he do this?  I have been looking online and can not find where he needs to call to get this done.  All his stuff is moved out of the house he used to live in and he says he doesn't remember his password or username for it.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

The owner has to go to his myAT&T page, login to his MicroCell account and click on deactivate. If he's forgotten his username and password, then it's going to be very difficult if not impossible to deactivate his account. I've never heard of anyone calling in to AT&T Customer Care to deactivate his MicroCell account. Does he still have an AT&T cellular account?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I am sure.... I am going to contact him and see if he can deactivate his account.  Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.