For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Tangy13's profile

Voyager

• 

8 Messages

Monday, March 14th, 2022 7:28 PM

Switching from Microcell to Cell Booster

I just set up my Cell Booster that is to replace my Microcell and I need some information. 

With the Microcell, I needed to logon and give permission for my cell phone to use the Microcell. Does this have to be done with the Cell Booster? I can't find any info anywhere. Most places in my house I can not get a signal at all, right now I have 1 bar. I also notice my Galaxy Watch says no mobile network inside the house but it works outside. I was on the phone with ATT for the longest time and couldn't get the person to understand what information I wanted. So when they finally said I didn't need to do anything, I kinda didn't trust it. 

The Cell Booster itself seems to be working fine, good connection, no error lights. 

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Tangy13  Read my Tech Guide, link is in my sig line.

The Cell Booster is now an open system. That means that anyone with an AT&T account within range of your Cell Booster can access it. You can't tell who is accessing it nor can they tell they are using your Cell Booster because there is no alpha tag like there was with the MicroCell so all the phone will indicate now is LTE. You are limited to 8 simultaneous connections. Support, like the MicroCell, is pretty much clueless. That's why I wrote the Tech Guide for the MicroCell and now the Cell Booster.

So.....

1. Is the Cell Booster connected directly to your router with an ethernet cable (yellow ethernet port)?

2. Is the GPS antenna firmly in place (it should have clicked into place) and is it either attached to a window or laying on the window sill?

3. Did you receive a confirmation email or message from AT&T saying you were activated and ready to go?

The setup for the Cell Booster is just like the MicroCell only in that it is a bit more restrictive in location in your home, signal strength and propagation.

Voyager

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Now that I look at the app and the booster, I see no 4G light and it tells me I am not getting a GPS signal. So I have to figure that one out because I never had problems with the other one. But my question above is still a validate question. 

Thanks

Voyager

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for the answer. I have been searching everywhere for hours. 

As for the 4G, the app says it is registered (reregistered it just in case) but if I go to device status it say it cannot access you device. All light are solid except for the 4g which is off. I have the antenna firmly inserted in to the device and I have it on a window.  I do see activity on the WAN port. 

And yes to all 3 questions above. 

(edited)

Voyager

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I am good now, my 4G is finally working. Thank you for all your help, it is very much appreciated. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Tangy13 I would still suggest you thumb thru my Tech Guide. What kind of phone do you have and is it on AT&T's whitelist for use post-3G? Is your phone set to LTE and can you make/receive calls. You can tell if the the LTE flashes white on the Cell Booster. That indicates that you, or someone, is connected to the Cell Booster.

Voyager

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

It is a Samsung Note 10+ and a Samsung Watch 4. They both seem to be working just fine on the Cell Booster now. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

Excellent. Let us know if you have any future issues.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.