73blazer
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
The 5th element!

• 

57 Messages

Sun, Feb 20, 2022 6:31 PM

Special numbers like *3282# (view my data) don't work on the new boosters

if you dial *3282# it should give a txt msg back giving current data usage. There are many other special numbers as well that do other things. The new boosters don't seem to process these as all.i get is a 'something went wrong' . The old 3g microcells did process these and of course it works as well if.your out on the main tower signal. 

is this a 3g/lte thing like.it won't work come.tuesday the 22nd on the towers as well or do the new boosters just not support this? 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

4分前

@73blazer  Once 3G is gone IT is still gonna be tweaking the system so things like that will become available overtime. It will be awhile before the CB have MicroCell-like functionality.

73blazer

• 

57 Messages

3分前

Well, this one had nothing to do with the booster. I noticed in my band monitor app that 3g actually went away around here just last week and...##3282# now doesn't work off the towers either. So, it's a 3g shutdown problem. 

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

Could very well be. Now that 3G is gone altogether, and all of the service areas are now set for LTE for the Cell Boosters, there is probably still some tweaking on the backend to make sure that all is well. 

I just tested ##3282# and I get an error message when using 5Ge (the outside signal), and the same when on the Cell Booster, LTE. So, this is not a Cell Booster/MicroCell issue and probably a configuration setting on AT&T's backend. I also noticed just now that the GPS light is orange on my Cell Booster but calls in/out still work.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.