Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
B

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, January 25th, 2022 2:36 AM

Nokia cell booster (femetocell)

I just received a cell booster from ATT.  Model SS2FII femtocell multi-band soho.  The power LED blinks white and the internet LED blinks orange.  The Nokia manual says I need to open udp port 150, 4500, and 123 but I can’t open these ports without the IP address.  Does this unit have a default IP?  I can’t see it on my network yet my old 3g microcell works just fine using the same network cable.  I don’t know how to get this working and no one from ATT can help.

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

Does anyone know whether AT&T plans on allowing us to manage who can connect or at least see who is connected? ...tia...

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

2 years ago

@Bill46789 The Cell Booster will probably continue to be an open system so no, there will be no "Approved Users List", at least for the foreseeable future. However, with no alpha tag other than LTE, there is no way to know what the source is of your cellular connection so a neighbor, for example, wouldn't know. As far as you knowing who is connected, other than the flashing white 4G/LTE light there is no way.

Not sure about your question about URL being code. I wouldn't post one if that's what you're asking.

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

@OttoPylot ... I was referencing your guidance to 2Quackers...in the original note there was mention of a regular (small) URL exploding into a long string that they then posted in the note...that was what I understood as being "the code", thus my confusion about a URL being noted as code and not allowed...

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

2 years ago

@Bill46789 Got it. The concern is that this is a public forum that is frequented by all kinds of not-so-nice individuals. Posting the link is really no different that posting the entire URL that comprises the link, but that just makes it easier for someone to see if there is anything in there that can be used maliciously instead of clicking on the link, extracting the URL code and checking it that way. I just feel that it's bad form to post the URL coding.

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

@OttoPylot...gotcha...

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I am having similar problems with my new cell booster as well. I have called technical support SEVEN times, have been transferred to numerous departments and people to no avail. I have reset, reconfigured, disconnected, powered off, powered on. Each call results in a technician that has me perform the same actions OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. I may briefly get a connection, but then it fails again.

The old micro cell works just fine. After reading these forums it's clear these devices are not reliable (aka junk).  For me, I think it's time to switch to Verizon.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

2 years ago

@jccurtiss I have a post asking folks to post their locations, just city/state, not physical address, to see if there is a pattern to this. If a pattern does appear (common service areas for example) then that makes it easier for AT&T Engineering to localize the problem areas and look for a fix. And to be clear when you say the connection fails you are referring to a dropped call?

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

@OttoPylot  I am having issues in Ithaca, NY. In my instance, my phone as well as my husband's phone will periodically connect to the Cell Booster. The connection rarely lasts for more than a few moments before it's dropped -- no longer able to connect to the Cell Booster. I called technical support again and was told I should have a white flashing 4G LTE light on the booster. The light remains solid white.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

2 years ago

@jccurtiss You should disable WiFi and see what the cellular indicator says on your phone. On my phone, I have to disable WiFi because the WiFi signal bars "cover up" the cellular signal indicator. In my area, 5Ge (enhanced LTE) is the predominant signal (5G is not reliable in my home) so I leave my phone set to LTE. If I'm inside my home, the phone will connect to the Cell Booster after a period of time and indicate LTE. The 4G/LTE light will not flash unless I'm on a call. However, the antenna "head" needed to be on the window sill for the light to flash. If not, I could still make/receive a call but the light would not flash. This is in my Tech Guide but definitely needs further looking into.

So, disable WiFi and see what kind of signal and strength you have as you walk thru your house.

Place your phones close to the Cell Booster, turn off the phones, wait a few seconds, and turn them back on. Your phones may need to register the Cell Booster as part of its cellular neighborhood. This worked for the MicroCell in similar circumstances and there's no reason that it might not work for the Cell Booster. It can't hurt.

Do you leave WiFi-C enabled (if your phones are capable of that)? Disable it if you do. You should always leave WiFi enabled tho.

Who's your ISP, what are your speeds, and how is it setup?

• 

19 Messages

2 years ago

Mine seemed to be OK for the first week or two. 5 bars and a 4G LTE logo when wifi was turned off. Now all lights are still solid but struggles to get more than 2 or 3 bars even when standing next to it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.