What is happening with 3G?
Jmuszalski's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Mar 15, 2022 4:23 AM

Never received cell booster

We have had a Microcell for 8+ years. We have no service at the house without it. We never received a notification about the booster, and did not receive one. We no longer have any service at home. Wifi calling is extremely spotty and unreliable. Spent nearly 3 hours on the phone with customer service tonight, ending with "a supervisor will call you." Anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve it?

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

@Jmuszalski While AT&T tried to reach everyone who had an active MicroCell account, they didn't. The first set of Cell Boosters was sent out automatically to MicroCell users around the first of the year with nothing for them to do. A second emailing was sent out about a month ago to catch those that had been missed. In that email, they had to click on a weblink to order one but unfortunately the weblink had lots of access issues so only some got thru. Those that did, quickly depleted the remaining free Cell Boosters. Demand far exceeded supply. That program has since been closed because AT&T is getting ready to put them on sale, first online and then at the stores. Don't ask in a store because they have less information or understanding about the Cell Booster than Support does.

Supervisors rarely call back. If they do, it's entirely up to them. It is not AT&T policy and the Support folks you talk to hope that someone up the chain will call you.

I am surprised that WiFi-C doesn't work well for you. It is the connection of choice for poor in-home coverage. Once I am done testing the Cell Booster for AT&T I will probably go back to WiFi-C.

I have been pushing AT&T to correct the second email issues ever since folks started reporting the broken weblink but they've been silent, so far.

What you can do is file a complaint with the BBB. Those go straight to Corporate and someone from the Office of the President will call you. No guarantees but that's about the best you can do. Calling Support back will probably get you nowhere.

• 

2 Messages

3分前

Thanks for commenting back. Unfortunately we never received any notification, despite relying on the Microcell for service. We filed a complaint with BBB this morning. 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

@Jmuszalski  If you didn't get a confirmation from AT&T then the order never went thru. The reason I wrote the MicroCell Technical Guide was for the very reason that Support was basically uninformed, useless in a lot of instances, and they themselves didn't get the support that they needed. That hasn't changed in the 10 years since I first got involved with the MicroCell and why I updated the Guide for the Cell Booster. Do let us know how the BBB complaint works out. It's unfortunate that one has to go that route but if it works, maybe AT&T will finally get a clue.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.