Marysetre's profile

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Mar 12, 2022 10:30 PM

MMS

I am unable to send pictures and at times messages by text.  We are in a mountainous location and have poor cellular service.  We use Wi-Fi calling and messaging.  I am mostly having problems sending to Samsung.  My phone is an iPhone 12 Max.  

Anyone have any ideas

Do I need an AT&T cell booster for a better signal?

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

WiFi-C should be sufficient. What kind of internet service do you have? The problem is probably a configuration setting on your account. Did you recently upgrade your phone or service? If Support can't help you then you may need to be escalated up to the Office of the President.

Did MMS/SMS to your Android friends ever work? I'm assuming you have your iPhone setup correctly.

(edited)

wolfox

Tutor

• 

118 Messages

3分前

Just a point of consideration:

Obviously I'm an AT&T customer. I'm using Samsung for my phone and tablet, both AT&T provisioned for wireless as well. The "baked in" messaging apps were TERRIBLE. The phone couldn't send or half the time not receive messages, especially group SMS. The tablet running AT&T's proprietary "Messages" app would never sync. Even after setting up and resetting messages backup in AT&T cloud as required. If it DID work on the tablet, it would forget I was logged in, or randomly crash...and the constant login-logout hassles with 2 part logins. What if I DIDN'T have my primary phone that split second to verify the codes?! O.o))

I uninstalled and perma-force-closed/deactivated the AT&T and Samsung messaging junk. Installed Google Messages App, synced the devices with scanned QR codes....

It works perfectly. No delays, no crashes - FULL SMS-MMS and RCS support that's flawless. Even to my apple buddies and family members.

Apples to oranges, of course.

If you're trying to use *ANY* messaging services on Apple products, I think they they operate entirely inside of Apples's iCloud messaging services. In your case I would make sure that you aren't using *any* other messaging services or app other than the original iMessage app in a default setup to make sure your message pushes go in and out as needed. A bigger, more experienced brain is needed here within the Apple infrastructure and Cell Booster world I think...

• 

4 Messages

3分前

Wow, that is complicated.  I have an iphone and it is the messages I am trying to send to people with Samsung that I am having trouble with.  Do I load that Microsoft option or do they.  I might be able to get my husband to do it but other friends are out very techy.  Thank you for all the info.  I will check into this.

wolfox

Tutor

• 

118 Messages

3分前

There is NOTHING for *you* to do if you haven't touched your iPhone at all. It's that simple. Remember that your new Cell Booster is a "transparent" device. It should work as if it were a naturally engineered expansion of AT&T services, as long as your landline ISP holds up and you have power.

It's your friends with the Samsung gadgetry that may consider the change of software. As I said, simply disabling native Samsung or AT&T messaging apps, but installing bare bones Google Messages app has cured all of my gripes and issues. So pass that along to your friends. It will not however, cure the "Mean Green" message bubbles. ;>

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

@Marysetre Messages from your iPhone to another iPhone all go thru Apple's iMessage service. Messages to non-iPhone users go the traditional way and not thru iMessage. Make sure that under Settings -> Messages -> Send as SMS and MMS Messaging are still enabled. You should not need to load any other apps on your iPhone. 

What kind of internet service do you have? You need to keep WiFi enabled all of the time and have you tried WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) which is different than WiFi?

• 

4 Messages

3分前

We have Xfinity through out association.  I do have those enabled.  The problem sending pictures started around xmas time.  Before that I didn’t have any problems.  We have Wi-Fi calling here on our phones.  Calling seems to work fine.  It is just sending the pictures and group messaging.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

I have Comcast as well and have no issues on our iPhones sending/receiving SMS/MMS to our Android friends. Is WiFi enabled on your iPhone?

Have you disabled (powered off) the Cell Booster, turned on WiFi-C (and WiFi), and tried to sending messages to your Android friends?

• 

4 Messages

3分前

We don’t have a cell booster.  We had a microcell but that hasn’t worked this year at all.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

@Marysetre Sorry for my confusion. I thought you had received the Cell Booster as a replacement for your MicroCell. My bad. The MicroCell service has probably been discontinued in your service area by now. So the only way you can improve your in-home coverage/connection is to use WiFi-C. Given your situation I'm not sure if the Cell Booster would correct the issue with MMS/SMS to non-iPhone users. 

So, prior to Christmas, you were using the MicroCell and all was well. Then, sometime afterward you started to have issues with sending MMS/SMS and the MicroCell stopped working, and now WiFi-C exhibits the same issue with regards to SMS/MMS to non-iPhone users. WiFi-C uses two of the same 4 ports that were required for the MicroCell so it may be a port issue on the Xfinity side or a connection issue at the point where Comcast enters your community. What are your speeds?

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.