For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
waldo67's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, June 12th, 2014 3:08 AM

Microcell Troubleshoot for no home service.

After repeated calls to technical support and spending at least over 2 hours total on the phone. I think I solved my own issue.
The reason why my AT&T Microcell was only working part time in my home was a simple setting in my AT&T Microcell Managment.
Go to the online account and after logging in click on, "I want to".
Then click on "Manage my plan & services", "Manage 3G MicroCell".
In that section go to "Automatic Hand-Out" and click "DISABLE".
This will create a constant use of the Microcell rather than it handing off to a tower with a poor connection.
The down side is you may drop a call made or received at home, then leaving the Microcell coverage area.
Hopefully the techs will see this and have a quick solution to a simple issue.

waldo67

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

To clarify one point, the Mcell will hand off your cellphone to the local cell tower as you move away from the Mcell during a call, however your cellphone can not hand off to the Mcell as you move closer to it while connected to a cell tower during a call.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Yes and no. I know that there have been times when I was on call outside of my MicroCell range (walking thru the neighborhood) and was able to continue the call walking into my house and my phone indicated M-Cell. I didn't notice an interruption in the call so if there was one, the vertical hard handover went smoothly. It's possible that the macrocell reception in my home is just strong enough to hold a call originated outside of the MicroCell range but once I initate a call in-home, it's 100% MicroCell. YMMV.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.