For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
c3pox2's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 7:54 PM

Microcell - don't buy it

My advice is to switch carriers if you have a bad signal. Basically, the Microcell is a piece of junk. It only works if you have a good signal, which means you don't need it. I got this a week ago and it immediately starting dropping connection with my phone. The only way to get a connection for a few minutes was to power off my phone, reboot the Microcell and then power up the phone. On trying to return the thing I found out that AT&T is going to charge me a $35 RESTOCKING FEE. Really? For something that doesn't work? If I get a replacement they DO NOT extend the 14 day return period. This is the poorest customer service I have ever seen. Rules that make life miserable for the customer. I am going to switch carriers at the first opportunity.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

There are lots of reasons why one may have issues setting up a MicorCell. It works best if you have a weak signal, not the other way around.

It would be helpul to us, and the community as a whole, if you explained your problem and setup. We may be able to help you. Ranting without substance doesn't help anybody.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am not ranting without substance. I am ranting because the product does not work with a weak signal (even after several calls to tech support, and a setup that went smoothly). I am also ranting because AT&T wants to charge me for returning a defective product. They did not warn me about the restocking fee in advance. I was told by 2 different individuals that there was a "no-problem" 14 day return policy. Not true.

The product doesn't work properly and tech support can't fix it, so I tried to return it. AT&T is not standing behind its product. Buyer beware. 

Note: The restocking fee is stated on the back of the receipt in teeny writing. Raise your hand if you routinely examine the back of your receipt BEFORE buying a product. If you buy this thing and 2 seconds later decide to return it, you are subject to a restocking fee.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Again, you haven't told us anything about how you set it up, your ISP, etc so we can't help you. That's why we're here. And yes, I do check my receipts and ask about returns, or at least know about the return policy before leaving a store.

Scholar

• 

218 Messages

10 years ago

Jist would like to say I have used a M Cell for over 3 years and it works perfectly. Untill recently I had a second M Cell at a place of business and it also worked well.

IMO most problem with M Cells are are result of problems with your ISP.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

So c3pox2, let me see if I understand this.  You register for the forums today to specifically come here and rant about a product you know nothing about, other than you believe it doesn't work like it is suppose to.

Ok, I get it.  You are upset and perhaps you feel that coming here to tell people not to buy a Mcell will make you feel better.  The thing is that the people who come here want help and already have a Mcell.  Coming here to tell people not to buy one is a little late in the game don't you think?

It's your right to switch carriers any time you want but that seems somewhat drastic to me.  Switching carriers when you live in a fringe reception area most likely won't improve your dropped calls.  Perhaps it will improve but switching carriers every time one gets upset can be a pretty expensive proposition for people who have contracts.

I can't tell from your posts if you've returned the Mcell or not.  If you haven't and want some help, perhaps we can be of some assistance.  Provide us with adequate information other than "it doesn't work" and we'll see what we can do.

We're not AT&T employees so yelling at us isn't going to help you anyway.  We're simply Mcell users who are trying to help people get through problems with their Mcells.

Oh, and I check the return policy of anything of any value that I buy (Raising hand).

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

If the OP wants our help, we're here. But he needs to come in with a better attitude and be willing to work with us. I have sent a link to his initial post to the Admins.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.