What is happening with 3G?
swleonard's profile

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Feb 25, 2022 11:52 PM

microcell booster for 4G and 5G

I have a microcell booster that works with 3G and is necessary for cell service within my home. (I've been with ATT mobile since cell phones were developed have had the booster for many years.) I got an email on 2/4/22 giving me a link for a new microcell booster that would work with 4G and 5G when 3G is discontinued. I tried the link right away; it didn't work  (blank page), so I called ATT and was told there was a technical glitch and it would be fixed soon. I continued to try the link, on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, and it would sometimes get as far as having me put in my info and get a code, just to go to another page that said my email address had logged off. I have tried at least every 3-4 days and also called in a couple more times, to no avail. Today I called and the tech support person said that all of the devices have been given out and ATT doesn't know when any more will be available. Yes, I know I can use WiFi calling, but that doesn't always work, even with the extender I have. Do you have any more information or can you tell me how long to wait before calling in again? I'm busy with my profession and this has taken too much of my time, already. Thank you!

• 

6 Messages

4 m ago

I also posted this to previously existing Forum conversation on this topic.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

4 m ago

@swleonard I believe I answered you in that post. Please keep your post to one thread if possible. That makes it easier to keep a coherent response and for others to Search.

• 

6 Messages

4 m ago

@OttoPylot, I will do so. I'm a first-time user and posted it, then realized there was already a thread on the topic and put it there. Is there any way I can take down the other one? Thanks.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

4 m ago

@swleonard The free Cell Booster program has expired and AT&T has officially closed the weblink, even though it never really worked well to begin with. Demand exceeded supply. The Cell Booster and Cell Booster Pro will go on sale in a couple of weeks, $229 and $699 respectively.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.