What is happening with 3G?
J

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 15th, 2020 9:17 PM

I've moved and would like to set my Microcell up. The instructions online are not helping.

Cisco DPH-154 Microcell. I bought this while living in Colorado and used it there. Our signal has progressively getting worse here in Bulverde, TX and I was hoping to break this bad boy out again and get a better signal. What do I need to do in order for it to work properly? Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

It's end of life.  Att would rather you use wifi calling.  And it will cease to work on 2-2022 or before if att decides to kill it off sooner.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

@jasonbiggs25 , @GLIMMERMAN76 is correct. The MicroCell reached its EOL at the end of 2017 and the service itself will be discontinued once AT&T begins to shutdown its 3G network, which will be no later than Feb. 2022. WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is what AT&T and us recommend now if your phone is capable.

If you want to setup your MicroCell in a new location your MicroCell account information should still be available as long as you didn't change your account information (same post paid phone number that you used to register/activate the MicroCell initially) or deactivate the MicroCell. The other conditions must be met as well (land based internet service and a router that meets the basic requirements). All you would need to do is login to your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page and change the address of the MicroCell to your new address. That being said, there are a lot of issues now just accessing the MicroCell Settings page and AT&T is reluctant to fix the issues.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks. It was very cumbersome trying to navigate the AT&T website. Links from the manual are broken and I could not seem to locate anything I was looking for. I truly appreciate the answers. I guess I will pack this thing away in a box and chunk it in the attic. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

Yep. Access to your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page keeps re-directing until the connection times out. AT&T is totally aware of this but just are not allocating resources to getting it fixed. The Settings page can be easily access from within AT&T but externally the links are broke. It is possible, I've recently done it, but it takes multiple tries and is just not worth it.

WiFi-C is the answer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.