What is happening with 3G?
JohnBinVT's profile

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Mar 15, 2022 11:32 PM

I'm stuck. on this ATT Microcell

ATT sent me a NOKIA Femtocell Multiband SOHO device to replace my 3G Microcell. I have downloaded the app to my cell phone, registered it, plugged it all in properly (I think), and all I get is a flashing white light and a solid orange below it. The APP says my LED Status in "Not Available" and they "Cannot access your device". I essentially have power and a proper internet connection but I'm stuck on figuring out ports and access points. Any thoughts?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

wolfox

Tutor

• 

118 Messages

3分前

Give OttoPylot's Cell Booster guide a read for all you need to know. In particular the setup section which will detail any ports that are required to be open for full service.

OttoPylot's Cell Booster Guide

EDIT:

Quick and dirty excerpt from his guide:

MINIMUM ROUTER REQUIREMENTS
DHCP enabled
Ports that must remain open (public and private):
123/UDP - for NTP traffic and timing
4500/UDP - for IPSec NAT Traversal (for all signaling, data, and voice
traffic).
500/UDP - for IPSec Phase I prior to NAT detection, after which 4500/UDP is
used.
IPSec Pass-Through is enabled
Block Fragmented Packets is disabled
NAT duties handled by only one device if you have a separate router and
modem instead of a gateway (modem/router combo).
Double NAT Workaround:
If you can’t a disable NAT on your router or modem you may be able
to bypass it by port forwarding port 45631/TCP in your router to the
DMZ. NOTE: this is really only a workaround for a double NAT as port
45631 is unassigned and is not guaranteed to work in all
circumstances.

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

@JohnBinVT Who is your ISP and how exactly do you have it setup? Port forwarding/triggering should not be necessary so I wouldn't worry about that, yet.

wolfox

Tutor

• 

118 Messages

3分前

Gotta remember too, registration *MUST* complete before you can get *activated*. If you have not gone through the steps and received confirmation on both parts of the setup procedure, you'll not get the booster up and running. Also of note:

That GPS antenna pigtail is a beast to push and lock in on the back of the Booster box. Make sure it is firmly in place by pressing it into the connector until it firmly clicks in place. No click, no GPS lock, no activation.

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

3分前

I have Comcast as my isp and a small biz. The microcell is plugged into a yellow port on my Arris Surfboard sb8200 which then feeds to an 5port Edge router X (switch?) and then to a Cisco 16 port switch and wires go everywhere after that. 😃

wolfox

Tutor

• 

118 Messages

3分前

Unless you're using LAG compatible equipment, and even if you are.... The SB8200 isn't reliable. And once one port on the back of the modem is used, the second one is effectively disabled.

Your Booster setup should be like this:

Arris Modem -> Router -> Booster into unused port in router -> Everything else into router, extra ports needed? -> One port of router into an unmanaged switch for all your other glittery gadgets.

Get that Booster as close to the source you can manage, but unless you have very specific provisioning, equipment, etc, the SECOND port on your SB8200 is like a human appendix.

Useless.

Source: I run an Arris SB8200 on Comcast/Xfinity too.

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

@JohnBinVT Connect the Cell Booster directly to the router and bypass any switches, etc. And make sure if you have more than one router (your setup is a bit confusing to me) that only one is performing the router duties because you want avoid a double NAT. 

I have Comcast as well but use my own equipment because Comcast-supplied equipment is krap. I too have switches on my system. The Cell booster is connected to a powered gigabit switch (one of a few devices connected to the switch) which is then hardwired to the router downstairs. We have seen other reports with Arris router issues. That is something you'll have to work out with Comcast (good luck) because AT&T just tells you what is required of the router, not how to check it or configure it.

• 

5 Messages

3分前

Ok guys. Here is the photo of my set up and what is lit. I didn’t have the antenna firm clicked in but now I do and still not activated. Sorry the photo is sideways. 

wolfox

Tutor

• 

118 Messages

3分前

Yep. You're using a dead port on the back of the modem. Just because an SB8200 has two ethernet ports doesn't mean that they both work. They both work only with specific setup and associated equipment. 

Unplug the yellow ethernet cable from the booster going to the modem's dead second port and plug it into a port on your Cisco switch.

Edit: for clarity

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

Wow. Yeah, just just connect the WAN port to an extra port on the switch and forget the direct connection to the Arris. The simpler the connection for the Cell Booster, the better. And you should probably give the Cell Booster more space away from your setup. Way too close to all of the spaghetti, and the metal fuse box cabinet (I'm assuming that's what it is) is no bueno either.

• 

5 Messages

3分前

Ok. You guys rock and get the gold star! I ended up disconnecting and starting a new account too and that seemed to also help. I am up and running and can now go back to my real job…selling real estate in Vermont. 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

Excellent! I'm still not too thrilled about the fuse box right behind the CB but if it works reliably, leave well enough alone.

wolfox

Tutor

• 

118 Messages

3分前

That's the stuff! Enjoy John.

• 

5 Messages

3分前

Thanks again Guys! You both were a huge help and we all appreciate you helping us neophytes.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

3分前

You're welcome. I periodically update the Tech Guide as new information, tips and tricks, become available so check back every now and then. I'm working on version 3.2 now as we speak.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.