HELP - 3G light is flashing, microcell was previously working fine
I figured it was worth posting here so I have yet to have success with anything else.
I live in an area almost exactly inbetween three AT&T cell phone towers, so subsequently my phone is constantly switching singnals from one tower to the other giving me very inconsistent service. After diagnosing the problem with AT&T about six months ago they sent me a micro cell free of charge, and it worked absolutely fantastic until....
About a week ago my microcell's 3g light started flashing, this had happened once or twice before so I performed a simple reset but it did not fix the problem like before.
- I tried resetting my modem, router, and microcell
- hard resetting my microcell for 30 seconds
- de-activing and re-activating my microcell twice
- checking my power cord to make sure it was the right voltage
- getting a replacement microcell sent to my house
- setting up my microcell in the alternate arrangement (modem-->microcell-->router)
- updating the firmware on my router
and none of these fixed the problems.
My current internet is about 30mbps DL and 10mbps upload so that isn't the problem
The ports on my router are all opened, and nothing has changed to effect that
After going extensively through the forums I am kind of at a loss of what to try next. Any suggestions from people on the forums?
I am currently located in the East Bay of California (Alameda, CA)
Thanks very much.