What is happening with 3G?
justjim95's profile

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Feb 26, 2022 6:05 PM

Free AT&T Cell Booster Letter

I received a letter offering a free cell booster since my Microcell is no longer supported. Could not get the site to work. After reading here is appears the work around was to do it off of Wi-FI which took me to the site immediately. Now when I enter my phone number for verification I get an error that I have requested too many verification codes. When I call the number they said it is because they no longer have any stock left. That isn't the error I am receiving ...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

Il y a 4 m

@justjim95 I just posted this to another thread but the free Cell Booster offering is now officially closed. The email did state that quantities were limited and even tho it said one had until the end of March, the demand exceeded expectations. And there are no current plans to offer anymore free Cell Boosters because AT&T is gearing up to put them on sale around the first week of March online and eventually to the stores.

Like the MicroCell, it may be possible in the future to get a free one but that will definitely be on a case by case basis and not for quite some time. The second promotion with the broken weblink was not handled well at all. There were just too many folks hitting that weblink which caused all kinds of access problems.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

Il y a 4 m

@justjim95 I'm trying to find out if what the CS Agent said about the free inventory being depleted is accurate or not. If true, this does not bode well for AT&T. There has been a huge disconnect within AT&T about the Cell Booster with ordering, activation, reliability, etc so this would not be surprising.

• 

3 Messages

Il y a 4 m

@OttoPylot I just got through and now the message states they have ended the promotion as the quantities were limited. :( 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.