Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
What is happening with 3G?
Karlyn76's profile

• 

8 Messages

Thu, Feb 24, 2022 5:44 PM

Free AT&T 5G Booster

I have called many times using the instructions sent to my by AT&T for a FREE booster. Letter says call by March 31st. I have called 2 times this week.  Called today February 25.. well before the deadline.  AND I WAS TOLD THEY RAN OUT OF BOOSTERS !!!! (Edited per community guidelines)!  Then told Booster   might not be available until April!  BUT I could buy one!!!  Or up-grade my iphone and buy a new iphone 12 from them, AT&T!  SOUNDS LIKE BAIT AND SWITCH TO ME AND I AM FURIOUS.  OPTIONS: 1. Switch off At&T go to another company. 2. Buy and iphone 12 from Apple instead of these crooks and go another phone company.  I am a senior citizen who lives in the woods and I have no land line... thanks AT&T for dumping folks and sending a SCAM free booster letter!  

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

6分前

@Karlyn76 The minimum download speeds for the Cell Booster is 5Mbps down (sustained). 250Mbps download speed is plenty, as long as your internet connection is not satellite or wireless broadband you're fine.

An iPhone 7 (my wife has one) works just fine with the Cell Booster and also WiFi-C (which is preferred). If it were me, I'd purchase a SIM-less iPhone directly from Apple and not  bother with any deals associated with AT&T if you can afford it. I don't like to be tied to AT&T other than a straight up cellular account.  Then go to an AT&T Corporate Store, have them install a new SIM (should be free or $5 at best) and then remove your old phone from your account.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6分前

@OttoPylot  If it were me, I'd purchase a SIM-less iPhone directly from Apple and not  bother with any deals associated with AT&T if you can afford it. I don't like to be tied to AT&T other than a straight up cellular account.

If you're not planning on leaving AT&T, that's just like throwing money away IMHO. You can pay the phone off at anytime.

If you need to do that in a year, you basically get ⅓ of the phone for free, at two-years it is ⅔ free.

I can't tell you how many thou$ands of dollars I've saved on phones from AT&T because I was being "tied to AT&T" when I was going to be with them anyway.

@OttoPylot I'm not just rambling to you but also to others reading the thread...
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

6分前

@Gary L It all depends on what you're comfortable with. We've been with AT&T since the old PacBell days but I've always like the ability to know that I could take my phone with me without any issues if I wanted to switch carriers. I don't like monthly payments of any kind if I can afford it. No right or wrong, just my preference. AT&T is not like what it used to be.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.