What is happening with 3G?
mvbaybea's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 5th, 2016 3:46 PM

Cell now not working with Comcast/Xfinity Modem.

Help!  I have a new MCell (Black).  All but the bottom light is on,  I thought my old Mcell unit broke and bought a new one and am experiencing the same issues.  `I have both my Comcast (new) modem and the Mcell in the window together with an ethernet cable.  I have had a Comcast tech come out and hook up my new modem, check/replace my lines/wires and connect the mcell to the unit. All worked perfectly for about 2 months now I can't get the Mcell to work.  I've turned off and on, unplugged the ethernet, hit the reset button, had comcast reboot the internet and nothing.....  any ideas? 

Thanks for your help!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

If you have the new, black DPH-154 MicroCell, then the bottom light is the Power light. The lights go, from top to bottom: 3G, GPS, ethernet, power. The light pattern on the older, white MicroCell, from top to bottom is: power, ethernet, GPS, computer, 3G.  The light pattern is explained in the setup instructions. If you are experiencing the same problem with both MicroCells, and it was a power issue, the top light would be out on the white MicroCell and the bottom light would be out on the new MicroCell.

Was the DPH-154 sent to you by AT&T as a replacement? If yes, did they ship a new ac adapter with it or are you using the same ac adapter that came with your old (white) MicroCell? It sounds to me like the original ac adapter is failing or has failed because you are having the same "no power" issue. If you are using the orginal ac adapter, test it with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load.

Don't expect the Comcast technicians to help you with the MicroCell because they haven't a clue as to how it works or how to set it up correctly. The MicroCell should also be at least 2' away from a WiFi source and 18" away from a window with an unobstructed view of the sky, as explained in the setup instructions.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.