What is happening with 3G?
Vanessajune's profile

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022 4:50 PM

Cell Booster

So ordered the new cell booster to replace my old one for free like they said. Never got it so I called today. Now they say I have to pay for it because they ran out of the free ones almost $300 really! Not gonna happen I will go with someone else else for my phone service. That is great service, Not! 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

9 months ago

Did you setup WiFi-C following my instructions? If so, then you need to followup with AT&T and make sure that your account is one, provisioned for HD VoLTE and two, that you might need a new SIM as well.

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

I'm in the *exact* same position. AT&T told me that they'd rather that I go to Verizon than give me the replacement they never sent.  Amazing! I've been a loyal customer for 15 years and this is how they treat me. Good for AT&T to have enough business that they can drop customers over their own shortcomings. I was even told that they were shipping one, but of course, there's no record of it now.  Goodbye AT&T. Internet and wireless will go elsewhere.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

9 months ago

@jbsantaclarita Either file a complaint with the BBB, which goes to Corporate and someone from the Office of the President will contact you, or switch to Verizon. Keep in mind that Verizon will also be shutting down their 3G network by the end of the year so make sure you have a phone that will be compatible.

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

Thanks for the heads-up @OttoPylot that's a terrific idea: BBB. I love it and will start that today!

I don't need 3G - I need something that works reliably since it also interfaces with my security panel which is now 5G. I live in a black hole it seems... coverage is fine about 10 houses down.  I'm not going to walk down the street to make my calls.  Also, if I can't use my security service, that's a real problem.  Love your guide btw.

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

Thanks again @OttoPylot for the idea!

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

9 months ago

Thanks for the Guide compliment. My iPhone 12 is 5G capable and we have a 5G plan but I leave my phone on LTE all the time because 5G is just not reliable yet in my area. Keep in mind that the Cell Booster is LTE only so I'm not sure how that's going to work out with your security system.

WiFi-C would be your best bet for your phone provided it meets AT&T's post-3G requirements.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.