Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
What is happening with 3G?
rlgrot's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, December 11th, 2016 12:10 AM

AC adapter failure on Cisco Microcell.

I cannot get power to my micro cell.  I found another ac adapter in the house with the correct size plug.  I get the power light on but nothing else.  The old adapter was 12V 1.25amp output.  Not sure of the amp output on the new adapter. No label on it.  Does that make a difference.  And if so, can I use a plug with a higher amp output than 1.25 (like 2amps).  All the stores I have tried do not have any with 1.25amp out.  I was thinking the new one I found may have low amp out and although unit gets power, the amps may not be enough to drive the firmware/software on the unit.    Any thoughts anyone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I found an adapter on another device that fits and is 12V. - 1.5amp output.  Cisco micro cell  is now up and running.  I thank everyone for their input.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

8 years ago

@rlgrot

It all depends on which MicroCell you have, white or black. The adapters are slightly different and should work with either MicroCell but I always like to stay with what was included with the MicroCell. Both adapters output 12VDC. But you need to check the adapter with a voltmeter to see that it is 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

In my experience, the amperage output needs to be equal to or greater than the previous adapter's rated output, so a 2 amp output adapter should work fine.  The rated output voltage should be the same 12 VDC as the previous adapter's output voltage though.  That is critical.  As Otto pointed out, measuring the no-load output of the 12 VDC adapter should be 16 VDC +/- 0.5 VDC.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

8 years ago

@rlgrot - I'm glad that our suggestion to check your adapter and replace if necessary fixed your problem. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.