Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
ATTDigitalLifeCS's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

7K Messages

Monday, April 18th, 2016 2:00 PM

You want control of your keypad sounds...You have it!

There have been many comments asking to control the chirp and arming/disarming sounds that come from the keypad. Its been a long process, but you now have it.

NOTE: You will only see this new enhancement if your keypad looks like the one below.

ADJUSTING THE ARMING/DISARMING SOUNDS IS NOT AVAILABLE ALTHOUGH IT IS VISIBLE. THIS FUNCTION IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT.

Keypad2.png

1. Log into your Digital Life account using a web browser (This feature is not yet available in the app, however is available using your mobile browser.)
  2. Navigate to your keypad settings
  3. You can perform the following actions:
    • Lower and raise the arming/disarming sounds (THIS FEATURE IS NOT YET AVAILABLE)
    • Mute and increase the sound when pressing the keypad buttons
    • Mute and increase the sound heard when a door/window is opened/closed
    • Darken or brighten the backlight of your keypad

KeypadSounds.png

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

2 Attachments

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

913 Messages

7 years ago

"You want control of your keypad sounds...You have it!"

When will we have it?

Last time you tried, you brought dowm the system nationally....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I called the digital life support. Amanda was very helpful in troubleshooting the chirps. It confused both of us but she naied it! in my case it was an issue on the way I programed the system. If anyone is having issues CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT>Its both ends that need looking into.

I'm REALLY IMPRESED with the support team!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The employee who has posted twice in this thread said that we should already have the ability to MUTE the chirp for door and window opening. I have the supported keypad, and have tried using the slider via my mobile browser as instructed. BUT IT DOESNT WORK.

Others who aren't ATT employees have posted here that to succeed in making this seemingly simple and most desirable setting change, one is required to call Customer Support. Seriously?!

Anyone visiting this thread can see that over 7 thousand others have viewed it looking for similar answers, and like me they're instead getting similarly misleading and incorrect information.

Come on ATT, this isn't rocket science. I'm a product manager for a small software company, and anyone of my developers could fix the code for your mute-chime-on-door/window-open in about an hour. That said, I'm confident your team could handle it too. So the questions are, Are you ever going to fix this? and If so, when?

If not, then at least REMOVE the Solved status in this thread and post an honest answer in its place. Don't add insult to injury by acknowledging CUSTOMERS' needs and then giving them both false hope and incorrect instructions.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.