Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
ATTDigitalLifeCS's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

Wed, Oct 8, 2014 12:54 AM

Who's There? (creative programs)

If the outdoor camera senses motion or heat on the door step, this program will record video and send you a notification! This is helpful during the holidays when packages may be left on your doorstep.  You may be able to prevent holiday theft! 

This program requires the following:

• Camera Package

To create the “Who's There?” program, follow these 5 easy steps:

Step 1: Log into your Digital Life Account from any computer or tablet. Digital Life mobile steps will differ slightly.

Step 2: Select where to send notifications
1. Select Programs and + New Program
2. Click Get Started (Click to hide and bypass this screen in the future.)

3. Select the first thing that will happen when this program runs

• Select Notification

4. Select notification recipient by clicking check mark to the right or enter a new recipient by clicking on Enter new email and typing recipient address

• Click Add if new recipient was created

5. Click Next

Step 3: What else happens
1. Select Device Action

2. Select Outdoor Camera will record video

3. Click No for no delay before this action takes place and click Save

4. Click Save

5. Click Next

Step 4: Program Triggers
1. Select Automatically, based on rules      
2. Click Device Trigger

3. Select Outdoor Camera detects motion immediately

4. Click Save

Step 5: Name and Save your program
1. Click Next

2. Select the days and times the program should run (defaults to run every day all day)

3. Click Next

4. Name your program
5. Click Save

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

6 y ago

The first step of the program say to go to Connect Acitvities in the progrma section.  I don't have that option.  When I select create a program I get 2 options - Device Action and Notification.

Is there something wrong or was this post written when there was an older version of the app out?

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

6 y ago

@ragin_cajuns2

The program steps have been changed to reflect the new version of the Digital Life App. Enjoy!

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

6 y ago

thanks.  any other programs out there updated for the new app?

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

6 y ago

thanks

what about an updated program for turning lights on and off at specific time when away on vacation to make it look like someone is home.

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

6 y ago

Great idea!  We will work on that one next!

Thanks!

msl8dy

Employee

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

There is no option in my software to turn off the delay.  Is this something I need to call customer service to help?

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

6 y ago

@msl8dy

Are you saying you don't see this screen when creating the program?

Program Delay.jpg

msl8dy

Employee

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

That's correct, there's no screen that gives the option at all.

msl8dy

Employee

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

What do I need to do in order to see / activate that screen? It appears there is currently a delay on the photos and because of that, they are almost useless.  There's never any sign of the cause of the motion sensor being tripped on any of the photos. 

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

6 y ago

@msl8dy

There's really nothing to do or activate. All you have to do is log into your account and go through the steps to create your program. You should then see the step concerning the delay. I'm unsure why you aren't seeing this. I recommend that you try another browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, etc.). My initial thought is this may be a browser issue as there is nothing account or system related that would impact you seeing this step or any other steps. It may also be a good idea to clear the cache or temporary internet files on the browser.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I love that this is an option. My cameras have been recording video like I tell it to, however I am not receiving notifications. I see my phone number and email address on the app and the boxes are checked so I should get notifications. Below my contact information is red text that reads "This contac is in the process of being verified and may not receive notifications." I have not gotten any messages on how to verify them. Any insight on this? Thank you!
PaulMafinga

Former Employee

• 

102 Messages

5 y ago

@TabReu You can opt in your phone by texting the word "YES" to 83536. You should be able to opt in your email by responding to the setup email you recieved before your system was installed, or by re-adding your email and verifying it by replying to the email that would be sent out again.

Employee

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Can this program be enhaced to text or email the photo captured for the event.  Extract from Ref: "... It would be much more useful for me (as a customer) to receive the actual photo the system took and then decide whether or not I need to login to the app on my phone or computer to investigate further..."

Ref:  https://forums.att.com/t5/Creating-Programs/Email-photo-from-cameras/m-p/4797254#M5

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

I have been having a similar issue. I have the motion area selected to detect motion and heat in my driveway and the camera is still not picking up footage. I have tested it by walking and moving my car in there and still nothing. How can I fix this issue?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.