Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
ATTDigitalLifeCS's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

Sun, Oct 19, 2014 9:03 PM

What was that noise? (creative programs)

When I’m home alone at night and hear a strange noise, this program comes in handy. We have a contact sensor hidden in our nightstand table. When the contact opens after bedtime all the lights in the house turn on.

1. Log into your Digital Life Account from any computer or tablet
  2. Select Programs
  3. Create a Program
  4. Under connect activities, click Get Started
  5. Select the trigger activity
    When the (nightstand drawer) does this (opens)
  6. Click Next
  7. Select the resulting activity
    The (hallway light) will (turn on)
    To add additional lights repeat step 7
  8. Click Next
  9. Name your program
  10. Select the days and times you want your program to be active
  11. Click Save
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

6 y ago

another contact sensor program - don't see how these can be created in the new app.  can this be updated?

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

6 y ago

Is this variant on the above possible? We have a lamp on a smart plug. It is normally set to turn off at bedtime.

When we open the front door

If the lamp is off, turn it on, else quit

After (say) 10 minutes, if the lamp was off before the program started, turn the lamp off again, else quit

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @mthomas98027

You can't put an "if statement" in program creation. Meaning a program is not able to make a determination on turning the light on if it not on already. The program will either turn the light on or off. If the light is already on it will stay on. However, what you can do is create a program to turn the light on when the front door is opened and after 10 minutes turn it off. This would mean if the light was already on and the front door was opened, the light will stay on, and after 10 minutes it will turn off. This will happen even though the light was already on.

I hope this answers your question.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks, yes it does answer my question, although that's not the answer I was hoping forSmiley Happy.

I think it would be desirable to add an 'expert' mode so that people can write more complex programs.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.