Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Dec 16, 2019 2:33 AM

Push Notifications not working digital life

Never could get push notifications to work on digital life. Switched back to text and everything was fine until a couple of days ago. Text doesn’t work. Switched to notifications and they don’t work. Uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure notifications was on in my IPhone settings. Nothing! I need suggestions of how to fix this before I just cancel and get another security system. Thanks! 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.3K Messages

2 months ago

@directv_123 Hello. Just checked your account and the majority of your programs do not have notifications set up on them and the ones that do are going to a blackberry...The one for text/motion front door needs to be changed to a push notification instead of text as text notifications are no longer available for cameras, only push so that you can be taken directly to the live feed. Let me know if you need any help or have any other questions.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

866 Messages

@ATTDigitalLifeCS

You are absolutely correct....

I completely forgot that the alerts are device specific (which is really nice).

I altered my programs that I want to alert my new phone, and it works perfectly. (Except I get taken to my Home Screen, not the Live Feed directly, which is no big deal, because that’s where my Cameras are... I can then select the one I want)

Thank you - much appreciated.

-N

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.3K Messages

2 months ago

@Klreddin  Hello. If you are referring to video notifications, those are only for push notifications now and no longer text notifications. Push allows for you to tap on the notification and be taken directly to the live feed of the camera so that you do not have to move from the text message to logging into your Digital Life app and then going to see the video. Would like to assist in resolving your push notifications issue.. Could you tell me which iphone you are using? Do you receive push notifications from other apps? Have you checked the settings in the phone to ensure you can receive push notifications? Also, when you reinstalled the app and it asked if you wanted to allow them , you selected yes correct? If you  have done all of this, please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a private message with your name and account number/address and I would be happy to have someone take a look on the back end to see if they can resolve this for  you. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

same thing has happened to me. Were you abel to fix it?

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

866 Messages

I also have this issue on Android 10, a Samsung Note 10+....

Used to work on a BBPriv, running Android 8.

I miss the notifications.

My rules are set up correctly, and as I said, used to work.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.