Cyber Monday Deals: Get the Samsung Galaxy S21 FREE with no trade-in required!
ATTDigitalLifeCS's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.6K Messages

Thu, Oct 2, 2014 5:07 PM

Have more control over your programs!

We are excited to announce some enhancements to our programs! You now have access to NEW program abilities.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.6K Messages

7 y ago

Some expanded rule options are

Sunrise/Sunset - Turn lights on and off at sunrise/sunset
NOT- Ex. When the door does NOT open between 2 and 3pm on Mondays - then notify me

FREQUENCY- Ex. When a door opens 3 times within an hour - then notify me

DURATION- Ex. When the door is opened for 30 minutes - then notify me

REPEATABLE- Ex. When motion is detected turn basement light on and off 3 times

DELAY- Ex. When garage door opens, wait 10 minutes, then close garage door

RANDOM/SIMULATE PRESENCE- Ex. From May 1st and May 15th between 12pm and 11pm turn on lights randomly (some time on then off)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Just a Suggestion:

Recently you have added frequencies, well those are most useful when you want to notify someone if say for example the back door is open for 10 minutes, well the only way to notify someone is via e-mail, instead of just e-mail, what about the siren?

You can give different options.

e.g the siren beeps 3 times every 5 seconds after the back door has been opened for 10 minutes.

e.g the siren beeps 5 times every 5 seconds when there is motion outside.

just giving examples, because not everyone is always on there e-mail or phone. with the siren feature it gets your attention. I know that we are always leaving the back door open all the time and it constantly lets the heat in.

Another thing is giving the option to bypass certain sensors when using scheduled tasks.

say I setup a scheduled task for the system to arm at 9:30 PM, It is going to secure every door. Well we have smokers who get up all times of the night and go out the back door, so when I arm the system at night I have to go all the way acroos the house open the back door go back press arm and then hit bypass and then go all the way back again and close this door and it is a pain. Adding the option to bypass certain sensors through scheduled tasks would be a nice addition as well as the siren feature I mentioned earlier.

LizzyMyers

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 y ago

I have tried to use this new "sunrise" and "sunset" options and it's not working correctly. I posted a question about this earlier today. 

I have a connected activity for when I open my front door the light comes on (so I don't walk into a dark house) I only want this activity to work between "Sunset" and "Sunrise" (you know, at night)

However, this program works ALL DAY long if I set it up like that. It's almost like the program doesn't know when Sunset is. Any one else having this problem? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

Would like to the ability to program the following which is currently not possible:  When System set to Arm Away --> Activate Program that Detects Motion from Camera and sends Notification.

Thanks, please consider this a feature request.  I have seen the specific need raised various times in these forums so it would be something that meets a broader need.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

I too would like to set the system to auto-arm and be able to select the devices that need to be bypassed. I have voiced this request to someone in customer support about 6 months ago. To bypass any door or window, one has to open the door/window. That is not too convenient.

I would also like to bypass devices even when the system is not armed so their open or closed status does not show on the keypad.

Other desireable  programming features include:

1. Be able to turn the door chime off or on with out having to call customer support
  2. Be able to route door chimes to the siren device without having to call customer support.
  3. Use times relative to sunrise or sunset, as in disarm system one our after sunrise.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

YES! This is exactly the feature I am looking for too.   I want the camera to start monitoring and notifiying when I leave the house.   Today it can only be controlled based on time.   A simple way to do this would be to make one of the actions available the option to activate another program I have set up.   So for example: my Trigger would be: When the Digital Life System is set to Armed Away, the resulting activity would be to Activate my Camera Monitoring program.    Then i'd create another program that does just the opposite: when the Digital Life system is set to Disarmed-Off, Deactivate my Camera Monitoring program.

Just being able to have programs start and stop other programs would accomplish this.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.