*ALERT* - April 1, 2023 the Digital Life Community will be shut down. For questions please call 855.288.2727
Guest Key (Creative Programs)
Gone are the days of hiding a key under the rock in the flower bed. With Digital Life you can create a unique door lock code to let in your out of town relatives, friends, pet sitter, house cleaner, you name it. Plus, it will automatically disarm your system and send you a text message letting you know who's there.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
8 years ago
This program requires the following:
To create the “Guest Key” program, follow these 5 easy steps:
Step 1: Log into your Digital Life Account from any computer or tablet.
Step 2: Create Door Lock Code
1. Click Devices
2. Select the desired Door Lock then open it's settings
3. Click + next to Add door lock code
4. Enter a 4-8 digit door lock code
5. Name the door lock code (Pet Sitter, Aunt Irene, etc.)
6. Click Save
Step 3: Select what will happen
1. Select Programs and + New Program
2. Click Get Started (Click to hide and bypass this screen in the future.)
3. Select the first thing that will happen when this program runs
4. Click No for no delay before this action takes place and click Save
5. Click Next
Step 4: Program Triggers
1. Select Automatically, based on rules
2. Click Device Trigger
3. Select Door Lock used above is Unlocked By newly created door code named above
4. Click Save
Step 5: Name and Save your program
1. Click Next
2. Select the days and times the program should run (defaults to run every day all day)
3. Click Next
4. Name your program
5. Click Save
7 years ago
I have followed this step by step about 10 times now. I have been meticulous about following it as written. I have used IFTTT with Google Glass and other low level "trigger" type programs like this so in general I understant the process. I keep getting an error message from my system that this cannot be done now.
7 years ago
I'm unsure why you are receiving an error. I just created this program without issue. Ensure you select "yes" on the last prompt to acknowledge you understand this program will disarm your system. Also, I'm using the Firefox browser.
7 years ago
I am using Safari, I will try it in another browser, thanks for that idea.