fustrated_user's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Jul 3, 2017 5:11 PM

add cell phone notification issue

I have added a few new cell phone to the notification for our camera program. we have txt Yes and confirmed. Is there anything else we need to do? How long does it usually take to verify the nunber?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

5 y ago

I would call digital life or chat with them. I have a Samsung phone that I am able to check the sms in the available contacts and it works fine. I also have the push notification to the same phone I can check (from available contacts) and it works fine. I also have a wifi only iPad that I can check push notifications on and it works fine. That is 3 different notifications without issue.  Push notifications have to be checked in each device for those to work.  However when I try to add a contact by doing the cellnumber@txt.att.net for the same number, It does not work.  I believe it used to. And it appears sending "yes" to the AT&T number to simulate an opting in does not not "activate" the number anymore. So I would call or chat digital life.

Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

5 y ago

For grins, I just added 3 email addresses to my test program. It immediately sends a verification to my email. I click on the emails and go back to the program and I no longer have "The contact needs to be verified" message.  So I have a test program I run that turns on a light when it detections motion, so it lets me set up to 5 notifications. I trigger the motion detector, light comes on and I have 1 push message to my iPad, one to the Samsung phone and 3 email notifications. I could have sent a push message to my wife's phone and a sms message to my phone instead. (Since these have been previously verified)  So it appears that AT&T is protecting you (us) from your (our)  stupidity, by making sure that each contact is verified when set up. They want to make sure you do not type a wrong number and send notifications to someone else. After verified it is on the contacts list in programs then we can select.  So see if digital life can provide some way of verifying your cell phone numbers you are adding.

Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

5 y ago

You might might also use cellphonenumber@mms.att.net in the notification if you will have AT&T cellphones. That worked for someone else earlier and it does generate a text from digital life.

Employee

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

I did call support. Waiting for a good 15 minutes before I got someone and she wasn't helpful at all as they are not technical. So I use the chat and they were able to confirm that the number were confirmed and stated it will take up to 24 hours. It's more than 24 hours now and those 3 number still has not received notification. 

How do you add push? The field only allow email format. So I have to use the @txt.att.net. Should I use mms.att.net instead?

Is there an expert that works at att that can chime in?

Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

5 y ago

If the number is ALREADY in the list of numbers  and you turn on the push notifications on the phone, then you can put a check beside the push device listed and you will get push notifications.  If you cannot get it verified, I am not sure it works because you will not be given that choice. I used cellphone@mms.att.net and it appeared to work sending me a text message about digital life. Of course my cell number was always registered. But it was not a message you could respond to so it did not work for me. I ended up deleteing that particular program to get rid of that contact. 

There are people that are knowledgable about digital life but I do not see their posts very often. And most people probably never have an issue. I started responded to some of these questions because the posts would never get answered, or the "answers" were not real solutions.  And I have had digital life as an employee before it was offered to customers.  I have self installed additional sensors, nest thermostat, lights and had some techs out to install stuff. When they come out I have a hundred questions to ask them. The repair/ installation techs know quite a bit about the equipment and how it works. Not too much about the apps and programs unless they have digital life. The digital life support group can help with the discovery mode and remote stuff but are not that knowledgable about the equipment, and some are just call takers like you discovered. One of the big issues is that people will not call or chat up digital life support if something like a camera stops working. They will talk about how there are getting ready to jump contract, but no calls to customer service!   But if anyone can help with this let us know.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.