Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Artemio5's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, November 21st, 2023 10:43 PM

Wrongfully charged

We are getting charged from an iphone 14 we did not receive. me and my wife recently ordered a phone through the at&t branch in LA, but store manager then ordered the wrong phone so she canceled it immediately but it was already processed through my account, she then canceled the at&t account that is in my name, she then created another account with the correct phones we want. Main problem is at&t said the phone that was wrongfully ordered did not get returned, the manager said she returned it. But now looks like the manager found a loophole to steal the phone and making us pay for it in my name. We called the branch but they wont answer calls and wont show the tracking number. Please help. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.9K Messages

7 months ago

It sounds like the AT&T store you went to was an Authorized AT&T Retail Store and not an AT&T Corporate Store. They both look exactly the same on the inside. However, the Retail Stores (Iike the kiosks you see in Target, Costco, etc) are not owned or operated by AT&T, nor are they staffed with AT&T employees. They are independents who resell AT&T good and services, and it's not uncommon for them to make "mistakes". Unfortunately, you did business with them, not AT&T and AT&T has very little to no control over their business practices. 

What you can do is gather all of your paperwork and documentation and file a BBB complaint online. That will get forwarded to AT&T Corporate and someone will contact you. That way you can speak directly with someone in AT&T upper management who hopefully can straighten out the problem. Even the store is a Corporate Store, filing the BBB complaint is your best course of action.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.