Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 8, 2016 12:35 AM

Will I receive a refurbished phone as a replacement under warranty?

I received a replacement i phone 6 - 64  Gb under warranty. Will this new phone be a refurbished one or a new one? Does anyone know?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

5 years ago

You will get a like new, refurbished device.  This does not mean used, it just means an open box item that could not be sold as new.   It would have been tested to make sure it is in perfect working condition.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

They call them certified but admit it’s refurbished and goes through 102 tests  Befire they ship them out, they told me I might get a new one or certified but of course I received a certified. They told me they would ship it by priority FedEx based on my situation but FedEx showed me they did not, they told me the replacement phone would have 12 month warranty but the phone shows around 10 months. They told me I had 14 dats to return the old phone but the instructions say 10 days. The list goes on. Typical att service. They didn’t take good notes until I git one girl to do it. Several hung up on me. I had to keep calling back until I got

all my questions answered. Then they still lied. Document everything. 

not. 

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

5 years ago

@juicyapple wrote:

I received a replacement i phone 6 - 64  Gb under warranty. Will this new phone be a refurbished one or a new one? Does anyone know?

The Apple policy for warranty replacements is to supply a refurbished deivce to replace your current device if it's under warranty.  The replacement device would have the remaining warranty as your current device, so it would be covered as if it was a brand new device sold to you when you purchased the original device.  There is one small exception to the warranty issue though.  If you have less than 90 days left on your original warranty, then Apple will give you 90 days of warranty on the replacement device, so you will always have at least 90 days of warranty coverage on any replacement device from Apple.

On a side note, Apple's policy is to provide a refurbished device, but if a refurbished device is not available (within a reasonable time frame) they may provide a new device, or in some very rare cases, they may provide an upgrade to a newer device if there are also no new devices available.  This latter is so rare, that it almost never happens.  In the end, no one can guarantee that a warranty replacement device will be new or refurbished, but it will be guaranteed to have warranty coverage for at least 90 days, and at least for the remainder of the warranty on the device replaced, so whether it's new or not doesn't really matter.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

• 

10 Messages

Are you talking about apple care or insurance with att? 

Get started...

Ask a new question