Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
angrykaj's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 1:10 PM

Why hasn't AT&T unlocked my phone after FIVE DAYS?

Hello,

I called AT&T costumer service and placed a request for my phone to be unlocked on December 1, 2016. It is now December 6, 2016 and I was told that the unlocking process would take two days tops. I have called back numerous times and no one has any answers for me. I called the evening of December 5th and was informed that the unlocking process had not even begun. This is unacceptable and I am extremely displeased. I will be sure to never use AT&T as my carrier from now on. This process was too difficult and no one was able to help me along the way.

- K. Jackson

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 years ago

That is not the correct process for unlocking.   Requests must be submitted to the computer unlock portal.  

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Please note ATT can only unlock supported devices that have completed all financial obligations.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

When we called costumer support they walked us through the online process so I did do the request online.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@angrykaj Did you receive an e-mail with a request confirmation number? If so, you can check the status of your request online. If you didn't get the e-mail, then submit another request using the online portal. Requests expire (I can't remember if it is 24 or 48 hours) if you don't confirm them (the link is in the e-mail), so even if your first request was started, it has since expired.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.